What to clean corroded electrical board with

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deane x

Car
C350e S205 2016
Hi I recieved my second hand rear lights to day which I am going to swap over with my old light then sell my old lights but there electrical board are a bit corroded so I want to clean them up , so what's the best thing to clean them with ,also some sort of grease to protect the new lights electrical board any one help please

Isopropyl alcohol will clean them up a treat.
If you feel the need to put grease anywhere then a thin layer of silicone grease should be ok, but I wouldn't.

Last edited:
Isopropyl alcohol will clean them up a treat.
If you feel the need to put grease anywhere then a thin layer of silicone grease should be ok, but I wouldn't.

Thanks Ted do you know where I would get Isopropyl alcohol from ? Also on the internet people are saying to use Dielectric grease ,is that the same as silicone grease

Thanks Ted do you know where I would get Isopropyl alcohol from ? Also on the internet people are saying to use Dielectric grease ,is that the same as silicone grease

Isopropyl alcohol is often available in chemists or place like Maplins, a dielectric grease is one that has a property of being electrical insulating which silicon grease is as well as having waterproofing properties.:thumb:

That's great I will get the alcohol or contact cleaner tomorrow , I take it the general consensus is not to use the grease ,, should I use a scotch pad or some thing with the cleaner ?

A paintbrush with the bristles cut to around 1/2" is what I would use. Make sure there are no loose bristles.
Job done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom