What to do in Surrey on Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

74merc

Car
W115 220 S202 C280 Subaru Outback 3.0R
Hello, myself and the missus are going to be visiting MB World on Saturday. We're staying in Ripley on Saturday night and have all day Sunday free to do a bit of sightseeing. Can anyone suggest where to visit and what to avoid? We've both been to London loads of times so don't want to venture in there. Cheers.
Oh, if you see 2 blokes in an SLR on Saturday, that might be me (in the passenger seat unfortunately)!

Go shopping in Woking's Peacock centre?.......err ok, make that one to avoid.
However Guildford is a pleasant place to spend time shopping.

Virginia Water for a stroll.

The Anchor in Wisley used to be a nice place for a pub lunch when I was a kid 20 years ago.....a lot can happen in that time though.

Lots of Golf clubs in the area too. Hoebridge used to be pay and play, both 9 and 18 hole courses

Sailing at Queen Mary reservoir.

A visit to the Caterham factory.

A walk along the North Downs Way

Last edited:
Hello, myself and the missus are going to be visiting MB World on Saturday. We're staying in Ripley on Saturday night and have all day Sunday free to do a bit of sightseeing. Can anyone suggest where to visit and what to avoid? We've both been to London loads of times so don't want to venture in there. Cheers.
Oh, if you see 2 blokes in an SLR on Saturday, that might be me (in the passenger seat unfortunately)!

Thorpe Park or Windsor?

Hello, myself and the missus are going to be visiting MB World on Saturday.....

Something you're not telling us?:doh::rolleyes:

Depends what you want to do really. There are some great National Trust properties nearby if that's your thing, Cherkley Court, Box Hill and Denbies vineyard close by, Windsor, Guildford for shopping and lunch, Thorpe Park, Legoland, Chessington etc etc

Thanks for the replies, didn't expect so many, so soon.
It's a long story but I was supposed to be getting a 1 hour AMG driving Experience which got cancelled. Since we've booked flights and accomodation they very kindly provided a passenger ride in an SLR and a drive in an AMG on public roads - all FOC!
Also, shopping is out as it's my 40th birthday celebration and I'm calling the shots for a change! Oh, 'the missus' and 'the bloke' are not the same person!

I like the sound of Windsor and National Trust properties but would also like to fit a walk in. What's in Virginia Water? Are there any riverside walks that you'd recommend?

Thanks for the replies, didn't expect so many, so soon.
It's a long story but I was supposed to be getting a 1 hour AMG driving Experience which got cancelled. Since we've booked flights and accomodation they very kindly provided a passenger ride in an SLR and a drive in an AMG on public roads - all FOC!
Also, shopping is out as it's my 40th birthday celebration and I'm calling the shots for a change! Oh, 'the missus' and 'the bloke' are not the same person!

It's also going to be busy as they are launching their Driving Academy this weekend. Hamilton is there Saturday, along with some other celebs I've never heard of.

They were giving away 250 sessions per day via a ballot, and another 200 per day on a first-come basis.

WRT things to do, get out into the countryside. Box Hill would be good, lunch at Denbies, and then head out toward Guildford but through the back lanes.

I think they're also going to be launching the new E class this weekend too. Thanks for all the suggestions thus far, one more question though, what's Ripley like? Is it worth spending any time in or is it better as a base?

I think they're also going to be launching the new E class this weekend too. Thanks for all the suggestions thus far, one more question though, what's Ripley like? Is it worth spending any time in or is it better as a base?

It's just a nice small village, with a few of those typical village type shops:

Ripley Village local and community events

As far as I an remember, there's not much to fill the time with, other than coffee and cake, or watch a game of local cricket.

Wisley rhs gardens are next door and worth a look, and pyrford lock for a stroll along the canal

Forget all that countryside 'stuff' and go back to MB World for another look and a nice lunch! :)

MB World is built on part of Brooklands so right next door you have:

Brooklands Museum

There is a family day event on Sunday. So you may want to go on Saturday.....

Oh and if they are open

Sir Hans Sloane of London - Welcome

If you are staying in Ripley this is a splendid establishment

Home | Drakes Restaurant

Woking? Errr no.......

Another vote for the RHS Gardens at Wisley. If you're a gardener, that is.
If you visit Virginia Water and fancy a laugh, pop across the road to the Wentworth Estate (yes, the one with the golf course) and have a drive around. It will show you that all the money in the world can't buy good taste.

Windsor is hosting a triathlon this weekend, so it might be pretty packed...

Been there done that, and not so long ago.;)

The Windsor triathlon is on Sunday. Will give that a miss then. I think we'll try Virginia Water, one of the wineries, Thorpe Park and maybe Wisley time permitting. Thanks for all the suggestions.

If you're going to MB World then visit Brooklands Museum. While you're in Ripley you could visit my Car Sales Yard, no Mercedes at the moment though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom