What to do with my rush nuts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
I take quite a bit of time and effort into keeping my cart on tip touch condition but my rusty nuts are some what letting me down:p
So been looking like you do and found some chrome or black, I'm swayed towards chrome but I like showy :dk:
The iner me is saying black
What you think folks:confused:

Cheers Ben :thumb:

And it's rusty nuts lol

Go chrome ;) you know you want too!!

Btw, are you coming to Benz on the green? I'm going for the first time this year.

Would love to see your motor in the flesh! See if we like any of your little mods :)
L

Think I'll go chrome, and I love to come to Benz on the green.
I'll have a look in the meet section see where it's located :thumb:

I've never understood why Mercedes don't improve on the quality of the wheel nuts, no other manufacturer has this problem from what I have seen. It's a very poor show by MB.

Are they not 17mm hex on your bolts?

Genuine question, as I know they are on my W212. As for tidying them up, I just bead blasted mine and sprayed them with a coat of Hammerite. It'll do for now, subtle but effective. :)

Incidentally, I notice that you're in the North West, and also going down to Benz on the Green in May. I'll be there but I run down on the Friday and will be staying in the Premier Inn at Horndean. Details on the first page of the BOTG post. There should be at least a couple of us. Only a suggestion...

Wire brush them, then paint them with silver Hammerite.

Genuine question, as I know they are on my W212. As for tidying them up, I just bead blasted mine and sprayed them with a coat of Hammerite. It'll do for now, subtle but effective. :)

Incidentally, I notice that you're in the North West, and also going down to Benz on the Green in May. I'll be there but I run down on the Friday and will be staying in the Premier Inn at Horndean. Details on the first page of the BOTG post. There should be at least a couple of us. Only a suggestion...

Sorry my mistake posted the wrong link. These are the ones I've ordered
Look at this on eBay Pack of 20 Chrome alloy wheel bolts lugs nuts caps covers 17mm hex for Mercedes | eBay

Well spotted and thanks for pointing it out Pal:thumb:

Going have word with the wife see if she's up for it and if so then think I'll book the night
Cheers
Ben

It's lethal me going on flea bay look 2hat else I bought
Look at this on eBay Mercedes AMG Edition 1 - Radiator Grill Vinyl A45 A200 A250 (W176) | eBay

Nearly got the Edition 1 wing mirrors to :eek: shouldn't go shopping when I'm full of larger

And to keep the wife happy I got her some wind deflectors

Look at this on eBay DFO15287 FORD FIESTA VII mk7 5door 2008-2015 wind deflectors 4pc set TINTED HEKO | eBay

Bashed my bank account good style last night :bannana:

Cheers Ben :thumb:

I've booked in at this premier inn on the Friday night too!

I only live SE London, but the kids love any excuse to stay in a hotel, and it's only £39!!

Benny just what i have on my nuts ,on the wheels that is . Mine have been on 3 years not changed yet . And still look as new.

You might need to modify* the ones for the locking nuts, or get a different set with special ones.

* Some trimming and glueing on neodymium magnets was involved, last time I played with these ... before they started manufacturing round ones to fit on locking nuts.

Thanks for the tip GLK I'll have a look at them when I finish work, better get my trimming knife out then.
Cheers
Ben:thumb:

No worries :thumb:

I bought myself this set:

s-l1600.jpg

as I'm too lazy to go through the trimming, etc again :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom