What to get my Dad for 60th birthday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
It's my Dad's 60th birthday tomorrow, and I need to think of something to get him.

He's not one for grand gestures, and so I don't plan to spend any more than £100, but by the same token it would be nice to get him something memorable given it's a special birthday.

Any ideas?? :confused:

All help much appreciated. No really got much time left!! :eek:

Blonde, Swedish, nice curves? That would be memorable :thumb:

Offence not intended, delete if considered offensive

A Harley Davidson.
That's what I'd like when I'm 60 (five years now).

I'd like retirement at 60

Anyway when my dad was 60 he had all the usual trinkets but also attended a secret and well-organised massive party where their local and well-frequented restaurant was essentially hired exclusively for the evening (as opposed to the local village hall :rolleyes:) with loads of friends and relations, good food, live band - he treasures those memories and that night even today (6 years on)

A nice Pen? Mercedes do a Carbon set for £50 which is nice quality present.

I bought my Dear old Mum a Cartier pen for her 70th. She likes that sort of thing though.

A nice watch
Digital Camera
MP3 player
Cardigan (winters coming)
Beatles remastered box set (if he is a fan)
Tickets to a west end show (take your pick)
Cufflinks (if he wears them)

Just few thoughts off the top of my head.

what about some "number 60" present? Small bonsai tree with hanging 60 of... favourite small things... You know him, you will know...

A membership or Magazine subscription.
Im 60 next month and have no idea what I would like,but my girls would not buy me a pen.
I'll be happy just to wake up in the morning,oh and not have to get for a pee in the night!!! lol

My father was given a mini weather station kit.
It has wi-fi back to his PC, so it monitors and records; rain, wind, temperature, pressure etc.

Sounds a bit geeky, but he loves it.

I bought my Dad a PC from Argos ( as they would go round and set it up for him and get him connected ) for his 60th. He still uses it 7 years later.

How about a couple of Magazine subscriptions? It sounds very unimaginative but Ive been bought a few at Christmas/Birthdays and its always a lovely surprise when they turn up!.

Alternatively, Balloon rides are a popular milestone present!

My father was given a mini weather station kit.
It has wi-fi back to his PC, so it monitors and records; rain, wind, temperature, pressure etc.

Sounds a bit geeky, but he loves it.

Hello, the weather station sounds good ! Any idea of make/model ? Thanks in advance, regards Damian. :)

GLIDER FLIGHT!!!!..........I had one fer my 50th ..........BRILLIANT NEVER FORGET IT!!!!!

Good, As long as Richard Hammond aint in the next glider ........WITH HIS BLOODY MORRISON'S TROLLY!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom