• Jaguar XJ6 etc

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Lexus LS400 etc

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • BMW 3/5 Series

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Toyota / Masda

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Another Mercedes ! (prob gonne be popular choice)

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • Other ?

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
LS400, my dad had one before getting a LS430 and will soon be getting the new LS460h.

Rover SD1 3500 Twin Plenum Vitesse

ragley_04.jpg

Rover P6 3500 V8

rover73_01.jpg

Or how about

Lancia Fulvia

1186097162LanciaFulviaLeiKL_preview.jpg

How about a Porsche 944 (uprated engine even) :D:devil: Might just know where there is one :rolleyes:

As the previous owner of that particular 944 I can vouch for it being a good one and its even better now Ian has uprated it. Go on .. Everyone has to have a Porsche sometime - it would be rude not to.
this is one idea that is not going to happen sorry chaps!!:crazy: :D

Rover SD1 3500 Twin Plenum Vitesse

ragley_04.jpg

I used to have one of those! Quite a rare car (the twin plenum!). Moonraker blue. Still remember the numberplate - D186 VCF.

Sounded awesome :cool:

Wonder where it is now?

Will

I've been doing alot of looking around other forums of other car makes and to be honest they just don't seem to as helpful as here and all the other car types can be a can of worms, so this has got me thinking (it hurts when I do), but in the present climate I've really only got only to 2 serious decisions to choose from.

1) Keep my car and throw some more money at it to bring it up to the spec I want, IE Replacement Interior / Scratch repair and other minor details.. and then wait a year or two for the market to change

It's is in very good condition body wise and engine / gearbox practically no rust to speak off..

I know this beast well now and its done me no major wrong yet..

2) Sell the car and replace with another Merc (decided thats what I would get), but getting another old car I wont know all the foybles and could be a money pit, plus for the amount of money I'm looking to buy, would I really get a better car than I already have and if so WHAT Model

So what should I do keep or Replace..HELP!!

Hi,

To be perfectly honest, your 300E might not fetch as much these days as you expect. It's probably/possibly worth more to you than most people because you know of the work that you've done to it recently :)

If you're going to go for another MB, what models would you consider? For your budget I guess you're looking at another 124, a W201 (190), maybe a very very cheap W210 or W202 - but you're going to get something with a few problems/poor spec etc and probably more rust than your trusty 124!

Personally, I'd say you could be better off keeping your car. If you fancy another 124, maybe keep a casual eye out for a really nice one locally - ie, perfect body/trim, nice spec etc - could then sell yours afterwards if you decide that a change is a must.

Will

On that budget, I would go for a W210 (190E). I always wanted one, looked at loads, but never found quite the right one. Probably because very few had leather, which is a must for me. A bit smaller than the 124, but I actually think they are nicer cars to drive, and I love the disproportionately large steering wheels. No foot-operated parking brake either.

On that budget, I would go for a W210 (190E). I always wanted one, looked at loads, but never found quite the right one. Probably because very few had leather, which is a must for me. A bit smaller than the 124, but I actually think they are nicer cars to drive, and I love the disproportionately large steering wheels. No foot-operated parking brake either.

the thing is I do have a 190e and a very good one http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=36207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom