What Tuner to use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey Guys,
Well, what a day I had up at MSL yesterday. I opted for the Stg1 map, rev & top speed limit delete and before and after dyno runs. I also had Amio from TorqueFlow custom fabricate the exhaust and remove the center resonators and both rear back boxes. I was greeted by Sheena & Andrew on arrival and the car was whisked off for work to start. The initial dyno figures were very surprising as they recorded - 634hp & 655lbs/ft TQ - So much for the standard claims, however having been in long conversations with Hendrik Militiza (AMG master tech) who built the engine, he explained that each engine will produce different figures, and the "claimed" figures are very conservative :) After several hours of work the final dyno run recorded an amazing 723hp and 858lbs/ft TQ at the rear wheels. Incredible gains for just a map and a real testament to MSL that they know their onions :)
As for the exhaust, OMG....its absolutely schmazing. Coming home i went through the A34 so could test in traffic. It's a deep modest grumble/burble when in traffic, but enough to turn heads. No drone at low speeds. Had windows/sunroof all open, and closed to test. Once I hit the M40 i started to play. Sport+ & Manual setting. Jesus Christ....The car is an absolute rocket ship. OK, I have only had it a week, but that was enough time to play with it being stock, and it was bloody quick. However, this is truly another league. The TQ is staggering and the zorst simply sounds incredible. Pops and cracks on upshifts and Barks, burbles and cracks loudly on downshifts....I was belly laughing all the way home. Now I have owned a 1100hp GT-R which was fun, but this car beats that hands down. The V8 sound is just the best, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the summer. To sum up, MSL has delivered above and beyond my expectations, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for tuning work. Top chaps and total petrolheads with passion and they care so much about what they do.

Have a look here -<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMSLPERFORMANCEUK%2Fvideos%2F1961512223887569%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Last edited:
No surprise there - MSLP know their stuff!

(BTW: To paste a link - use the little chain link button (states "Link" when you hover your mouse over it) and paste the link in there.

Otherwise it goes a but pearshaped and one needs to manually convert the %x digits to the symbols (e.g. %2 is /).)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom