What type of Bluetooth do I have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rawhide

Car
2 x 2004 S211 320 CDI
Hi, I have picked up a second S211 E320 (2004) which was intended to be a parts car for my wife identical car. However it seems to be actually way nicer than I was expecting so I'll be keeping it for myself!

It has bluetooth from the factory it seems but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work.

I can see my phone (Galaxy S9) from the unit. I am entering codes such as 0000, 1234, on both the phone and the command unit. The phone seems to be paired but the connection shows as inactive on my phone. (as if the bluetooth reciever is off)

Am I missing some other module to make the system work? My other car I was able to fit a Viseeo unit but that car had the cradle.

I've attached pictures of my setup.

By the way I've read the manual but I'm still unclear on whether some additional module is required. I'm wondering if the systems was intended to pair with a headset, not a phone maybe?

Before you get the HFP unit, speak with command.co.uk, because it might be that you will require a Viseo unit.
A 2004 CLK55 I had did have the HFP unit fitted, but callers seems to hear echo's when talking, when I talked to command about it, they explained something to me about the HFP cradle really only worked in later year cars.

Thanks ShaunB. A HFP or a ViseeO MB4+, MB4 or MB2 will work. (In that order of preference ..) (the MB2 and MB4 are very old now).

The bluetooth you see on the head unit is for pairing a privacy headset

R

Thanks ShaunB. A HFP or a ViseeO MB4+, MB4 or MB2 will work. (In that order of preference ..) (the MB2 and MB4 are very old now).

The bluetooth you see on the head unit is for pairing a privacy headset

R

Thanks for ranking these in preference. I did some research and see the Viseeo units seems to be worse regarded than the MB oem units. My only question is, is it really worth getting the latest model HPF unit? I mean is the oldest and cheapest B6 787 5877 better than an MB4+ ?

I do appreciate to some extent this is subjective though.

I installed a Viseeo unit into my 2006 320CLS a few years ago (not 100% sure which model now) and I have to I have been very satisfied with it,nice clear sound, phonebook loads automatically when the phone is in the car and buttons on console and steering wheel very easy to operate whilst driving

Hi all. I today recieved a latest model MB bluetooth device from ebay. Its second hand of course. I plugged it in but there are no lights which are coming on. I cant get it to show as on at all.

I searched and it seems some people report the wires being damaged but I checked them and they look fine.

My question is inside the storage box under the phone i see two led bulbs. Should they be lit? Is this an indication my bluetooth unit is not getting power?

Ideas welcome!
f42f4abec492f03c2d10494a73d228fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
6f117cf1c42b57502b1c2a29cf3a82ea.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom