What tyres for a standerd vito van?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying start

Car
Vito
Hi all what tyres are you fitting to the vitos

Looks like my o/s/f has scrubbed off on the inside
Is there a a tyre that most people fit ? It's just got the standerd steel rims think there 15"-16"?? It's got hankook fitted at the moment well I think that's what there called.. Any one revamped me some I know most people will all have there own choice

Continental Vanco 2 for me. I would have the tracking checked too.

Thanks guys will check them out
The tracking is the next thing on my list when I bought the van it needed a n/s/f tyre would this make my steering wheel sit off center or would it just be the tracking corseing it?
What milage are you guys getting out of the conti tyres?

I'm getting close to 30k miles per set. They wear on the outside edges, particularly at the front (both sides, but n/s worse). I swap them front to back to get longer life.

It's a known issue with the 639, you could possibly get the geometry changed at the front but I'm pretty happy with the handling so I put up with the tyre wear :)

I have started running higher tyre pressures now to see if that helps at all.

Thanks for the info guys, got a lad at work to sort the tracking he said the tow was a mile out its straightened out the steering wheel Witch was annoying,
Been advised to get my o/s/f tyre changed as it's scrubbed off and at its legal limit.

Thanks agin

Our work van has the 3200kg weight variant, runs around normally at about 3000kg, did 36k on original tyres. Only conti vanco as original were available for size/weight required, a bit pricey but couldn't grumble at the milage. I do swop them around about every 8 k miles as it does scuff front near side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom