What tyres should i buy for my w202 C240

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sanj

Car
BMW M4 Competition pack & C205 250D AMG line
Hi All,

I need to buy 2 rear tyres as I am driving on racing slicks!

my old ones were p6000's I think, they were recommended by the indie garage so i went with them at the time.

I do a lot of motorway driving (25,000) miles a year!

I always have my foot down and my priorites are grip/comfort at high speed!

Any recommendations?

I always think Michelin Pilots give good comfort and last well, if not the grippiest around.

P6000s were designed around the same ime as dinosaurs.

Second vote for Michelin, great tyre and good life. You might also wish to try the Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3, I have these on the SL, superb wet and dry grip and pretty quiet.

Another Michelin vote

For the past few years I was given a new Audi A6's every few months as company cars. They all came on different tyres and so I had a good opportunity to test tyres.
If you can afford the Michelin, then they are the best. Slightly cheaper but with good ride and grip are Contientals PremiumContact.
Cheaper still, and very underated are Hankooks 104's. Grippy and near silent. Their only downside is they have been lumped together in peoples minds as unknown brand import tyres. Tyre equivalent of a Skoda?

The brand new Michelin Pilot Primacy *HP* has (according to the blurb) been especially designed for longer life.
I've just put 2 on the back of my car and it's immediately clear they're quieter and more comfortable than the Bridgestones Turanza's that were on before.
Mine were just under £100 each (225/50R16V) from a local independant (who scraped one of the wheels :mad: ). Costco was next best at £101 each.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys -

Ended up buying Michelin Pilot Primacy's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom