What Tyres

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by MacCLS500, Oct 7, 2011.

1. MacCLS500

MacCLS500 Active Member

Car:
    CLS500
    When my CLS500 was new September 2005 what tyres would have been fitted. I need two new rear tyres the front are as new and are Michelin Pilot Sport. I am cosidering fitting Michelin PilotSport PS3 cheapest cost so far is £225 fitted each corner. Any epert comments I don't like mixing tyres.

2. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely! Also R32 & S4.
    Pilot Sport 3's are fantastic. I've got four on my S210 and have never come close to skidding or spinning the wheels. Brilliant!

I'd recommend buying them at Costco. Their prices are reasonable, but when you use the 20% discount voucher they issue several times a year the Michelin tyres are excellent value. Filled with nitrogen too. ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    MacCLS500

MacCLS500 Active Member

Car:
    CLS500
    Mods ,,,, sorry can you move this to correct section please. THanks

4. OP
    OP
    MacCLS500

MacCLS500 Active Member

Car:
    CLS500
    After trying 6 various avenues for obtaining these tyres the best price for two number 245x40x18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS3 is Kwik Fit @ a pair for a total of £390.00. Best result so off to a Kwik Fit Fitter.

5. Dryce

Dryce MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Kwik Fit are quite aggressive on pricing for Michelin if you buy online and book an appointment (usually 3 days delay).

OTOH Costco are cheaper if you just turn up.

6. Mr Nicey

Mr Nicey Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL320 V6
    Hankook EVO Great Wet and Dry and abut £115 a corner fitted. Excellent and quiet !!

7. OP
    OP
    MacCLS500

MacCLS500 Active Member

Car:
    CLS500

Conti's great tyres they were fitted to my Jaguar S Type R as original. On the Jaguar never changed from Conti's. On the CLS my front two Mitch's nearly new so fitted PS3 to match for some reason the new ones seem a lot quieter. Must be because they are new. LOL

Tags: