What used MB would you buy with £20,000.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esscee

Car
S212 350 CDI (265)
Noticing a couple of rather exotic vehicles in the For Sale section recently, I was wondering what some of the members here might go for if they had £20,000 spare. For example, an immaculate E63 looks tempting, as does the links to a pair of S65's. Would be interested to read members thoughts on the pros and cons of the vehicles I have mentioned above and any other MB of say more than 5 years old that could be in the £20,000 region.

If I could find a good one within that budget (which is becoming more challenging), I'd choose a W124 500E.

Sounds like a good deposit for finance on a AMG GTS!

You should be able to pick up an early C63. I sold my 2010 last year for just under 25k. Has to be one of the best all round cars I have ever had. Great fun.

Whether having a budget of £20K or in my case a budget less than that, I have been researching various models and prices for sometime now and yet to take the plunge.You can certainly purchase a prestige car for a fraction of the original sale price due to considerable depreciation. However, you still have the running costs of a prestige vehicle to address as stated earlier.
Take a look at this example, the dealer has included the original sales invoice and a car with exceptional low mileage.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ass&price-from=12000&price-to=16000&logcode=p

Last edited:
I nearly got tempted by a fully loaded 53k miles full MB service history 2002 SL55 AMG recently - for a few quid under your budget!

SLK55 appreciating daily R171

There are now several C63 available circa £20k. But as has been stated, running costs will remain high.

My experience has been you buy and older car and spend sometimes thousands in maintenance repairs upkeep etc. OR you buy a newer car and you lose give or take the same or more in depreciation.

So your going to lose either way

There's a very nice E500 that'll shortly be on the market in perfect condition. Look out for a JT Classics' E500 with AMG alloys in Silver. It'll be priced around £21K I expect and will most likely sell fast!!

About Us

I'm not the owner, just someone who works closely with them - they look after the E500's we import to UK. ;)

Old cars are very cheap to run and will even turn a profit provided you don't use them too much and never in the rain and salt.

When I retire I may get another one and have a run about to take the abuse in bad weather.

W215 cl65 amg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom