What vehicle Money no object???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
I have just been reading Maff's thread where he has posted pictures of the SLR and the CLK DTM, one of the message's made me think.....

If money was no object and you had the choice of any mass produced car. What one would you choose?

Unfortunately this is not the end of the question.

You can only choose ONE car. If you are married (have a partner) and have children, then is a two seat super car suitable? The answer for this thread is NO that vehicle would not be suitable. :eek:

The vehicle will clearly also have to be your everyday car, and if you do shopping it must have boot space.

In my opinion a Ford GT is totally unsuitable for nomination for all the reasons that were illustrated on Top Gear.

1. Doors needed there own parking space to open,
2. No stowage space.
3. Silly low mileage range on a tank of fuel.

I suppose this will give those members that are single the chance to really get one over on us 'partnered' people, but Pammy...... you cannot cheat. One car per family. No saying your daughter has now got a car and so has your husband!!!

One car which must be capable of meeting all the family commitments :) :)

I look forward to looking at all the varied choices and pictures are most welcome, as it any type of discussion.

John

1 wife, 2 small kids. Under these rules I would have to go for an ML63 AMG

My ideal would be an M100 Mercedes 600 in black. I think it fits the practicality criteria of an only car - and they are just fantastic!

Attachments

• 600.jpg
    600.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 600_hi.jpg
    600_hi.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 39
Hmm ... with 4 dogs and a caravan to tow it would have to be the Brabus Viano V8. Lot of money for a (very quick!) van though ;)

http://www.germancarfans.com/tuners.cfm/tunerid/7041020.001/mercedes/1.html

VianoV8.jpg

It would be such a hard choice and money no object you wouldnt have only one car. However :

I would probably go for the CL65 AMG in Black.

E55 or S65 probably, or actually a CLS55.

However, since I'm mercifully free from offspring a two seater would suffice so I'd go for a CL65, and I'm working on the assumption that the better half can keep her own car. If she can't, well, this changes everything (she's a vet).

I'd have to abandon the 3 pointed star and go for a Range Rover. :)

Am I now exiled?

Wife, dog but no kids. Would have to be the Cerbera V8 4.5 Lightweight but in deep red.
C072_792_f.jpg

Well, given that my wife drives to work as well, and we're talking one vehicle only I guess it would have to be Thunderbird 2 since that brings with it Thunderbird 4 (just been checking the spec list and TB4 is definitely a standard item, not optional extra).

However, technically these aren't cars.

Hmmmm, I seem to recall on Blue Peter they once had a Range Rover which came with a monkey bike in the boot - sort of 'City Special' although I think it may have been a Harrods Special (we're talking late 70's / early 80's I think). That would go some way to fitting the bill but I don't fancy a 40 minute ride to work on a monkey bike.

Since money is suddenly no object I think I'll assume that I've suddenly come in to a shed load of it so my wife can give up work to look after the kids (very much hope she's not reading this) so I'll have a... need to do more research. Will post later.

Lots of cars I would like to own but I would have a problem between an S65 and a Brabus G55, but I think the Brabus would win as my son would love the Brabus, and my ex wife would hate it, all the more reason for having it.

Married, one 2yo daughter, and a caravan to tow.

I'd buy a Cayenne Turbo to keep me going until the ML63 AMG becomes available.

lotusmark2 said:
Looks like we are back to the thunderbirds, does that come in pink, where did I put that FAB number plate ;) :D

Very true! Though I was just thinking if I drove round in that badboy the residents of Gotham City would keep expecting me to save them from the Riddler...

Brabus SLR for me I think in black with the optional straight through exhausts but it's not street legal though because of the noise - but we can get round that (The 680 bhp one)
mmmmmmm, more drooling... :D

Well there are some if's.

If Lamborghini made the LM002 in right hand drive that would be a choice for sheer badness. But they didnt.

If the C65 estate were to exist then that would be the sensible choice. But it doesn't.

If the Maserati Quattroporte had somewhere for the dogs to sit that would be the hearts choice. But they don't.

If the E55 estate just didn't look quite so big that would be in the running. Range Rover is tempting, RR sport more so.

I think I'll be boring and go for the C55 estate - in black with 'pimped' black wondows. Sure it's down on power on the CL65 and smaller than the E55 but, hey, life's a compromise!

Attachments

• lm002.jpg
    lm002.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 30
  • Quattroporte.jpg
    Quattroporte.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 28
996jimbo said:
If Lamborghini made the LM002 in right hand drive that would be a choice for sheer badness. But they didnt.
Anything can be converted to RHD with money no object!
996jimbo said:
If the C65 estate were to exist then that would be the sensible choice. But it doesn't.
Oil billionnaires and Sultans have coupés made into estates, money no object remember! Ask Crayfords, Styling Garage etc! :D I have seen pictures of stretched ferrari limos and porsche 928 estates etc!
996jimbo said:
If the Maserati Quattroporte had somewhere for the dogs to sit that would be the hearts choice. But they don't.
see previous comment :)
996jimbo said:
I think I'll be boring and go for the C55 estate - in black with 'pimped' black wondows. Sure it's down on power on the CL65 and smaller than the E55 but, hey, life's a compromise!
Nice choice though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom