what version maps are compatable ntg1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonykirt72

Car
Mercedes E320 cdi sport
I have a 56 plate E320 with ntg1 comand system, the car came without the map dvd, can I get latest discs or will the comand system need updating to run latest ones? I have no idea on firmware version it has and when I tried maps it didn't work so wondering if I need older version to get it working? Thanks

I've now tried versions 17 and 16 but both just come up with navigation activated, please wait, nothing else happens

When I inserted my new v17 DVD, I just had a blank map screen for a while and I assumed it was faulty.

I left the car overnight and it was working fine the next morning. I might take a while for it to load the new maps.

It's a burnt copy but using verbatim -r discs burnt at x4 speed, seeing as I have a decent truck satnav I'm not prepeared to pay prices for original discs, would just be nice if it did work

If you cant justify the cost of a 2017 disk I'd suggest searching our favourite auction site for an older disk. BUT make sure its a UK/Europe map disk, an ORIGINAL not a copy and the correct part number for your car.

My w212 went to mercedes peterborough yesterday for a satnav update and was at a very reasonable £110 inc VAT. At least I know the COMAND won't go bang after and cost a lot more to repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom