What warranty for Dec 1999 CLK 230K Auto/Tip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
What warranty for 1999 CLK 230K Auto/Tip. Experience with Warranty Direct/Wise/AA

Hi,

As it creeps closer to deecmber I've realised that if i want a warranty, now is the time to get one, before the car is 10 years old.

I've read a lot of threads on the forums and have got it down to
- Warranty Direct
- Warranty Wise
- Tesco
- The AA

Anyone have any experience, or worul d recommend one over the other.

Thank you

R

Last edited:
just had a big read of other peoples experiences...but still undecided!

anyone? or is the car too old for a worthwhile warranty now?

I think the number of views without reply is telling....

Perhaps you could set aside the money you would spend on a warranty against potential repairs?

If you have had the car for some time you obviously know whats good and bad about it.

I would do as Baron says and save the money, or just do what i do which is repair stuff as it needs it, chnage the oil on or before time and when stuff looks/feels wrong get it sorted.

Iirc some warranties req you to service the car more often than the manufacturer says.

Lynall

I've had a call from Warranty Direct, I'm going to see what they offer and just decide on that. But i don't think I'll go for it.

I only just got the car. It's due it's next service in a year I think (well every 10k) but i think I'll send it in early to get everything checked up.

Research is good.

You need to think about the value of your car... is it really worth spending say, £350 per year on a car valued at £4k?

Better to flick it on if it starts to cost....

Research is good.

You need to think about the value of your car... is it really worth spending say, £350 per year on a car valued at £4k?

That is true, but i'd like to keep the car as perfect as possible and keep it going for a few years. A warranty, if it's a decent one, would give peace of mind. But if it doesn't cover enough, then i will leave it.

Research is good.

If your CLK is as good condition as my wifes 1999 SLK then I will certainly pay you 4k for it, we bought this car about 3 mths ago and I fully expect it to last 3 or 4 years without much hassle judging by its condition.
PS I paid 5.5k with 91k miles and it runs sweet as the proverbial nut, only the A/C needs regassed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom