What was he thinking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
Spinners.

Why.

spinners.jpg

Was his registration 7 WAT ?

Spinners arent all that bad though surely??

i have seen expensive car with them, and sure, a bit OTT, but they did make the car stand out.. part of the blind approach is it not?

Spinners aren't all that bad though surely??

I am sure that I read somewhere that they are illegal; something to do with moving independently of the wheel.
Little kiddies sticking their fingers in when they stop at junctions etc...

Personally I don't like the look of them as I think they make the car look cheap; each to their own I guess.
On a more serious note; as a motorcyclist I tend to look at a cars wheels if they are at a junction joining the road I am on. It gives an early indication if the car is about to pull out. Spinners can make it look like the car is moving which can be pretty scary. :eek:

Spinners arent all that bad though surely??

i have seen expensive car with them, and sure, a bit OTT, but they did make the car stand out.. part of the blind approach is it not?

Bahahahahahaha!!!

I am sure that I read somewhere that they are illegal; something to do with moving independently of the wheel.
Little kiddies sticking their fingers in when they stop at junctions etc...

Darwin's 1st rule.

Fine by me.

I don't like spinners on cars but then again I'm not sure I like these either. :D

spinners3.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't it actually quite acceptable to call it a "Benz" since that is the name of the engineer - as some people refer to a "Royce" because he was the mechanically minded part of that duo ?

Isn't it actually quite acceptable to call it a "Benz" since that is the name of the engineer - as some people refer to a "Royce" because he was the mechanically minded part of that duo ?
It is the same as calling a BMW a Beemer. It sounds like the sort of thing someone with a gin and tonic and a Pringle pullover would say.

I was at a church in sarf lunden a couple of years ago when an announcement was made asking for the owner of the benz that's blocking the car park entrance to move it - it took someone to come over to me as the obvious visitor to ask me to move the car, I'd not associated my car with the word Benz before then.

No.

Wannabe gangsta rappers refer to it as a 'Benz' ... :rolleyes:

Normal people call them 'Mercs' or just good plain old 'Mercedes'

I have never , ever in my life heard a Rolls Royce called a 'Royce' , heard them called a 'Roller' or a 'Rolls' but never a 'Royce' ... thats just silly .... :D

Wannabe gangsta rappers refer to it as a 'Benz' ... :rolleyes:

Normal people call them 'Mercs' or just good plain old 'Mercedes'

'Real' rappers call them Benz, as do most Amercians, its the Brits that call them Merc's

Mercurys, the Ford division placed above Ford & below Lincoln, are known as 'Mercs' in the USA.

You lot need an update on the lingo.

Don't worry though, I am here to help.

Benz = Mercedes Benz
Rims = Alloys
Rag = To drive very fast and put other drivers at risk
Bimz, Beemer = BMW
Dubs = Volkswagen or Alloys if you live in the US
Ride or Whip = Car

If you hear anything else let me know and I will translate

Fo' shizzle ! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back