What was the first Mercedes that you drove?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I drove Roger Taylors S600 140 as my first on the road.

Queen or Duran Duran?

My dads tobacco brown w123 230e. I used to take it out when he was at work and I would disconnect the speedo on the back of the instrument cluster so he wouldn't know I had been in it .
Would love to find that car again NWE 489 X if anyone news it's whereabouts.

It shows as unlicensed on the DVLA database and gives a date for tax liability as 1st August 1992. First licensed on 12th August 1981.

Doesn't mean it's dead necessarily though. Could be sitting in someone's barn or have a different license plate on.

The first Mercedes I drove was at 18 - a brand new Black '93 K 190 2.0 (with AMG kit & leather). It was a stunning car and I still hanker after getting an AMG kitted 190 at some point :)

My appreciation for the brand started as a child growing up with lots of Mercs around in our extended family; 123's, 124's & 126's as well as some R107 SL's

A 1975 W116 280SE, in diamond blue with blue cloth and tex interior. And wind down windows which I thought strange at the time. What a car. I loved it, but gave it a lot of abuse as I was only 17 and drove it like I stole it.
I raced it around the back lanes of Devon and used to regularly persuade it to leave the ground completely. But that thing had poise whatever you threw at it, it was just so balanced you could chuck it around wildly.
And it never broke, at all. Pretty rusty though, as cars from Devon near the sea tended to be. Looked gorgeous and a lot of people asked me if I would sell it, but deeply rusted inner wings and nether regions...

Anyway, the sensation of gliding along in that was a sublime experience for me and I have been hooked ever since, although my current W126's are the first MB's I've had since then.

Doesn't mean it's dead necessarily though. Could be sitting in someone's barn or have a different license plate on.

I've found that previous cars of mine, which I knew were moved on to different plates, the original plate I knew they had stopped bringing up details.

Then, in one particular case, the plate brought up no results for many years. I tried to look it up to show what it says when the plate brings back nothing - and it brought back the car it used to be on so I guess it was transferred back!

So my guess would be it is still on original plates but not in use - either dead or in a barn as you say...

C63 AMG on a test drive March this year. My first drive of a Merc, loved it so much I bought the car:)

The first one I drove was my CLK and I can also say it will be my last, won't be venturing into MB ownership again even though I love my car. The number of MB I see with serious faults at an early age has put me well and truly off for my next purchase. Watch this space as I will be getting a Winter project and handing down the CLK to No1 daughter at some point!

a 2000 CLK230 coupe.

ended up buying a 1999 CLK320 cabrio instead though (from the same stealer).

Sometime in 1992ish, driving an old W123 230e...

flanaia1 said:
The first one I drove was my CLK and I can also say it will be my last, won't be venturing into MB ownership again even though I love my car. The number of MB I see with serious faults at an early age has put me well and truly off for my next purchase. Watch this space as I will be getting a Winter project and handing down the CLK to No1 daughter at some point!

She's gonna love that car.

Let me guess you'll buy a BMW

My first drive and also happened to be my first Mercedes was a 1992 W124 E220 in 2010 and still driving it. Now my collection has a 1983 W126 380SEL and 1988 W124 300CE.

C43 amg.

The first merc I drove properly on the road was my dads w140 500 sel , absolutely hated it, ginormous with no feeling of speed and eerily quiet ! Much preferred the w126's he had before that I drove (illegally ;) )

I had the 560 SEL, great car. When the bought the 140 i disliked so much i went to dark side a 740iL a fantastic car. Then BMW bought out that monstrous 7 series so i went back to Mercedes 220 now have a 221.

i had to join in..

2001-2010 : 190e 2.0 1988 e reg - bought for £2500 with original 24k miles on her. she was a beauty and miss her dearly

2003 - 2008 : c180 classic 1996 p reg - nice cool run about

2008 - present : c180 classic komp 03 reg - brought with 8k on the clock and still running strong.

2012 - looking for the next baby.. benz, beemer or audi???

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom