What was your best ever purchase.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The meal I bought my then wife-to-be on our first date.

And the second best purchase was a split air-con system for our south-facing bedroom and home office.

A very good question , and one I find so hard to answer ...

Possibilities include little things like -

my swiss army knife ( well I am on about my fourth actually as I use them every day and wear them out after 5-10 years ) .

my iPhone ( again I am on about my sixth since the original one - but it is something I use all the time )

my watch ( whichever one )

my Rotring mechanical pencil and fountain pens ( still in daily use after 40 years )

Or bigger things like -

My Ponton - served me well for many years

My hi-fi system , much of it 30+ years old now , but my life would not be the same without music

Daft things -

my Pela oil extractor - no more spilling oil on the drive

my Dualit coffee machine ( drinking a cup right now )

microwave oven - where would we be without that item nowadays ?

How does one choose - it is like comparing apples with oranges , yet all these things are indispensable once we get used to them .

Did I mention I bought my wife a new pussy a month or so ago ?

1597523657071.jpeg

A very good question , and one I find so hard to answer ...

Possibilities include little things like -

my swiss army knife ( well I am on about my fourth actually as I use them every day and wear them out after 5-10 years ) .

my iPhone ( again I am on about my sixth since the original one - but it is something I use all the time )

my watch ( whichever one )

my Rotring mechanical pencil and fountain pens ( still in daily use after 40 years )

Or bigger things like -

My Ponton - served me well for many years

My hi-fi system , much of it 30+ years old now , but my life would not be the same without music

Daft things -

my Pela oil extractor - no more spilling oil on the drive

my Dualit coffee machine ( drinking a cup right now )

microwave oven - where would we be without that item nowadays ?

How does one choose - it is like comparing apples with oranges , yet all these things are indispensable once we get used to them .
What on earth do you do with a Swiss Army knife? I thought they went out with Ruddles County, Swan Vesta matches and Betamax video recorders.

£12,000 on my apartment in 1984 ( I still live there now), or £550 on my Ford Capri MkIII in about the year 2000 ( I wish that I still had it now).
Or, The money I spent on my first Mercedes, a W203 C240 in Jasper blue.

Good question this John and one I’ve had a good think about and there’s two that immediately spring to mind;

1. My wife’s wedding ring.

2. The Panerai Carbotech watch I bought myself last year after years of flirting with one.

That’s a lot of Money for the Watch, Wear it well in good health :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom