What Wheel Cleaning Brush Do You Use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I find that most wheel brushes are made from stiff bristles and some strands of twisted metal , I wouldn't clean my chimney with most of them let alone my alloys. The best one I've found is the green one from halfords in Rorywquin's photo. Cleans the whole width of the alloy and no nasty metal bits to scratch the alloy. The only problem, not the brush's fault, is that I can't get it past the caliper on my C class.
that's why you NEED an EZ.. Dude

Wheel Woolies are the only brushes I use, soft and long. They have lasted very well. The 3 sizes make it easy to get to areas between the calipers and around the dust shield.

Hi I use EZ Detail Brush best thing I ever brought worth the money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another Wheel Woolies fan here. After over five years of regular use the largest one is just starting to suffer a bit as a result of being drawn across callipers and more seriously across the sharp stone guards (but it still works well). I still think of them as God’s gift to fussy wheel cleaners. The expense is worth it for their effectiveness without the risk of scratches from the majority of brushes that have metal in them. But I still need a more conventional style of round paintbrush to thoroughly clean around the wheel bolts and air valves.

I didn't want to spend the £50 on the wheel woolies and reluctantly bought the EZ detail brush - reluctantly because I had a 'similar' brush with a cheaper meguiars one and it was crap.

But the Ez detail brush is different and way better than the (grey and yellow) meguiars and is really good. Pleasantly surprised.

So it's a good option if you don't wanna spring for the three Wheel Woolies for £50. And possibly a good option even if you already have them.

Last edited:
.............The only problem, not the brush's fault, is that I can't get it past the caliper on my C class.

That is where the blue round brush comes into play the green one will also not go between the calipers and rim (or move the car a foot which is a pita).

I think the price you pay makes a difference as well. That blue brush was quite expensive and is about 7 years old but the wire is plastic coated and there is nothing to scratch the wheels. It has also survived a lot of use.

I’ve also got a several different brushes but one of them, Over a foot long was designed for dusting down the back of radiators in the house. The bristles are not too hard so don’t scrape the alloy and it’s long enough to wind through between some spokes to get at those awkward corners.

do black chrome like you have photoshopped or leave em alone... I hate when people paint their spokes black.... or any color.

Are you parked on unlevel ground?? youve got some serious wheel gap in the rear

EZ detail brushes are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom