What wheels to get for s class w221?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
Hello guys

My w221 S600 came with 18s and I've decided to fit the S65 AMG bumpers and side skirts on the car.

I don't think the s600 oem 18s will look good with the AMG kit.

Ideally I'd like to get some amg 20s but the style of wheels I'd like to go for seem to be hard to find.

I found the style of wheels I'd like to go for but they're 22's and I think they're a bit too big? This is the style of wheels I want for my s class, I prefer this style of wheels more than the s65amg wheels.

Link for the wheels I'm talking about

273299981821 | eBay

As I'm posting this thread, what do you guys think is the perfect size for the w221 Mercedes? 20" - 21" - 22"?

I don't want to spend more than £1k for wheels (without tyres)

Any aftermarket wheels you guys think look good on the w221 model?

Or any other amg wheels I should consider?

Thank you

Thank you, after seeing your reply I checked and found some good looking wheels for the w222 but the ones I liked are over £2k, a bit too much.
I'm thinking maybe I should go for some aftermarket ones?
Normally I go for original wheels but I have to be careful not to go too crazy with the mods on this car

Haha it's a slippery slope as you know!
I'm not a fan of aftermarket wheels, unless you looking at Vossen or the like big money!

If you intend on holding onto the car as you have spent a fair few quid on oem parts, I think oem wheels would do it justice!

Good luck with what you decided on I'm sure it will look great what ever you decide.

I'm still interested in the underside refurb work you do such as brakes, suspension competents, arches etc. Let me know PM.

Cheers Michael
Thank you, after seeing your reply I checked and found some good looking wheels for the w222 but the ones I liked are over £2k, a bit too much.
I'm thinking maybe I should go for some aftermarket ones?
Normally I go for original wheels but I have to be careful not to go too crazy with the mods on this car

The 20" AMG wheels on my 500L are AMG 111. Which are OEM and really suit the 221.

I always think the amount of money that MB invest on designing wheels for spasific models should be used.

I've been searching online to see what wheels to get and I've seen some s class Mercedes with GL amg 20's wheels and I found a set on eBay but I want to confirm if they will definately fit my car?

Link below

362502192935 | eBay

Cam someone please confirm this wheels fit s class w221 model?

Thank you

Hi Michael
I haven't forgotten you :)... as soon as I'm all set up you'll be the first to know :)

You must check your ET and get there ET from the Ebay wheels.

The link you posted on your initial post AFAIK will be aftermarket as I believe that style was never made in 22". I have to agree, those are the style I would be opting for and the S class could carry it off.
Personally I wouldn't have an issue fitting 22s to an AMG kitted S class, but if I wanted comfort I would go with the 20s.

Thank you guys.

From what I've searched online the et on the s class w221 is et43.
I've never understood wheels et and other numbers so I have to ask before I go and spend a lot of money on wheels that might not fit :confused::D

What does it mean that the gl has a 50et? Can they still fit the s class?

I don't want them to stick out too much

The guy that is selling the gl63 amg wheels said the rears definately fit but didn't say for the fronts.

My favourite wheels for the s class are the ones I posted the link... I'm just worried it's going to look a bit too gangster and American style, like the cars with 30" wheels :D.

I fitted this style wheels when my father had an e320 cdi w211 bit in 19s and I thought they looked great.

I feel like 21" are max for an s class.

Finding wheels is harder than I thought. Truth is that the wheels make a car, get it wrong and all other mods are a waste imho

The GL wheels wont be staggered, as they are on a 4x4, where as you will need a staggered set (rears wider than the fronts) for your beast. Something to bear in mind if you opt for 21" wheels, the tyres available to you will be limited and expensive.
You can fit wheels with a higher offset than which is OEM but would possibly need spacers to push them out and you may be in the camp of not liking spacers!
The lower the offset the further they will stick out, the higher the offset you can add spacers to achieve your goal. Theres a very good tool on here to ascertain whether or not wheels will fit.

That's great! Thank you very much for explaining and also the link....

In that case I won't go for the gl63amg wheels. I need staggered set up.

I'd like to buy this wheels but in 21"

They are ml63amg style wheels.

Anyone know where I can get them from? I've searched but can't find any website that sells them

What do you guys think of this wheels?

I think they look great, but get a size slightly smaller than in the pic.

I think they look great, but get a size slightly smaller than in the pic.

I don't know what size the wheels in the pic are. I think they're 21" but ideally I'd like to go for 20" as it will have more of an oem look. I'd like my cars to look oem+, don't want to go ott with mods.
I've seen some nice oem amg wheels but I have to say nearly £3k is a bit too much for second hand wheels.

By the way, what do you guys think I can get for my oem 18s that the s600 comes with? I'll sell all 5 of them if i find a set of wheels I like, spare wheel is brand new

That's great! Thank you very much for explaining and also the link....

In that case I won't go for the gl63amg wheels. I need staggered set up.

I'd like to buy this wheels but in 21"

They are ml63amg style wheels.

Anyone know where I can get them from? I've searched but can't find any website that sells them

Unfortunately, ML63 wheels aren’t staggered either.

Sam, I would if poss hold on to the OEM 18's off a S600 probably quite rare.

I could keep them but I thought with the AMG kit even if I was to sell the car at some point I don't think people would want the car with the 18's s600 wheels?
When I've looked for Mercedes wheels in the past I haven't seen any s600 wheels for sale, you're right, they are rare wheels. Mmm don't know what to do now, I don't want to regret it later on either if I sold them

I'd keep them funds permitting.. I haven't seen many if any forsale second hand.

I like OEM+ and was looking for a set for my W220 ended up buying a set of 18's from a 2017 W222 S Class. Freshend the car up.

It was sitting on 17' s 7.5j - they looked lost!

I'll probably keep them. My wife will love it when she finds out I'll have another set of wheels I'm going to keep :D

They're 20" from s class w222 model

free online image hosting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom