What will I get paid for holiday after resignation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
I resigned from my company a few weeks ago and now, they have decided to put me on gardening leave for 1 month. This ends my employment formally on 6th August. In fact, my notice period extended a week further than this, so I guess I need to pursue that outstanding week.

Also, I have 15.5 days holiday owed. How is this worked out in my final salary payment?

They should pay you until the end date you gave them and pay you the 15.5 days over and above that, as you were available to them until this date, always assuming you gave them at least the minimum notice required by your contract.
I went thru almost exactly the same scenario 4 yrs ago and that is how it worked in my case. Do remind them of the date you gave them, since you resigned and provided requisite notice, the gardening leave option is their choice, the finish date isn't.
GL:)

You should indeed be paid to the end of your notice period. If your employer chose that you shouldn't go into work during that notice period then it should not affect your pay.

Usually holidays are calculated on a pro-rata basis and if not factored in to your 'end date' would be included in your final at your equivalent daily rate.

You should indeed be paid to the end of your notice period. If your employer chose that you shouldn't go into work during that notice period then it should not affect your pay.

Usually holidays are calculated on a pro-rata basis and if not factored in to your 'end date' would be included in your final at your equivalent daily rate.

This is bang on and how it normally works, but I do know of places where they have refused to pay holidays on a pro rata basis and occasions where if the employee has taken more holiday than allowed on a pro rata basis they deduct it from the final salary payment at the daily rate.

Hopefully if your employer plays ball then it should be as Bobby Dazzler says, Good luck.

Would advise reading your contract. Some Companies can determine when you take your holiday. If so they can enforce you to take your holiday during your gardening leave. I have always been paid all holiday in addition to "gardening leave" - infact I have been also been paid for unused holiday from the previous year too (subject to the maximum one can carry over).

This is bang on and how it normally works, but I do know of places where they have refused to pay holidays on a pro rata basis and occasions where if the employee has taken more holiday than allowed on a pro rata basis they deduct it from the final salary payment at the daily rate.

Hopefully if your employer plays ball then it should be as Bobby Dazzler says, Good luck.

Yes, exactly as stated above - you should be paid to your end date plus any holiday entitlement accrued. As rightly stated by Flanaia1 if you've taken more holiday than you have techincally accrued up to your end date then that should be decutable from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom