What will you do if the only car key lost?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alban

Car
MB W204 2000
If you lost your key and unfortunately do not have a spare key, what will you do?

Check the insurance policy for lost key coverage.

Call dealer to ask what, how, and how much?

Decide whether to pay or claim.

Depends where the key was lost. If it's somewhere in the house, it'll turn up. If it's somewhere else, then there's the small chance that the key may get picked up by someone who'll take a fancy to the car and use it to drive off.

It's a bit like losing a house key, so consider changing the locks (so to speak).

My car only came with one key...and three and a half years later I haven't lost it. In fact, the last time I lost a key was 1969. An I still have that padlock and the other key.

Depends where the key was lost. If it's somewhere in the house, it'll turn up. If it's somewhere else, then there's the small chance that the key may get picked up by someone who'll take a fancy to the car and use it to drive off.

Not once the original key is coded out.

My car only came with one key...and three and a half years later I haven't lost it. In fact, the last time I lost a key was 1969. An I still have that padlock and the other key.

Oops! I hope your luck holds out...........
I've never lost a key to a car, but had one fail on me. A Renault :eek:

Best get a copy this week so you never have to find out.

ALWAYS better to prevent rather than cure is these cases.

as an aside. If its a fancy expensive key, more reason to do it now, as you'll have cost, but little inconvenience. If its a cheap key (older merc ) What excuse could you have for not getting a spare?

Or... has this just happened and right now you are screwed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom