What wire - fitting rear view camera Viano 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sybaseian

Car
Viano 3.0 CDI Avantgarde
Can anyone tell me which reverse light wire I need to use to add a rear view camera to a Viano.

It sounds like your asking which wire feeds the reverse lights at the rear cluster.
I've always used Chinese Android units that provide the feed from the HU so haven't needed to tap into the feed there. As I'm running the co ax front to back it's no extra work to include the feed, that more often is incorporated into the co ax anyway.

But if I'm right in what you're asking,
use a meter reading 12 volts, push a pin through the wire insulation and measure to ground while the reverse is selected (with ignition on, which would be needed to select anyway).

It sounds like your asking which wire feeds the reverse lights at the rear cluster.
I've always used Chinese Android units that provide the feed from the HU so haven't needed to tap into the feed there. As I'm running the co ax front to back it's no extra work to include the feed, that more often is incorporated into the co ax anyway.

But if I'm right in what you're asking,
use a meter reading 12 volts, push a pin through the wire insulation and measure to ground while the reverse is selected (with ignition on, which would be needed to select anyway).

I'm asking specifically for the wire colour into the reverse light on the rear cluster - just wondered if anyone knows as I'm fitting a wireless reverse camera and need to connect to the reverse light wire for power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom