What would you buy ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Me too! My wife bakes a mean homemade mince beef and onion pie! Yummy! :thumb: (Russians are very good at making pies!)

Oh that would be nice, especially as its cold just now.

I had a delicious sandwich the other day, Pastrami, Red onion, Horseradish, and Rocket.

Tasty times. :thumb::thumb:

Well nearly...

If I take DM's recent figures for a used E55K, allowing for mine being lower mileage by 20k, yields a potential value of £13,000.

Add on 30% to give £16,900.

I'd have to add £2k on and hardball for a 60k/70k miler 2006 model but there was one on there not so long ago, and not for long, for £19,990...

It's hardly a sellers market for these cars either.

I didn't know they had dropped under 20K already.

Athough I've seen a lovely E63 estate on Piston heads for around £25k :)

Well nearly...

If I take DM's recent figures for a used E55K, allowing for mine being lower mileage by 20k, yields a potential value of £13,000.

I can't remember your exact mileage but iirc it's ~50k miles-ish.

Car valuation adjusted for 49,000 miles
Retail: £16,521

Private Good: £13,491
Private Average: £11,741
Private Poor: £9,881
Part Exchange: £12,671
Trade: £11,975

Expect £12k for one with all the toys and in V-good nick.

W124 coupe. Lovely looks, a proper Mercedes and less of a money pit than the other MBs on my list ;)

WHAT?!?!?!

I had one, cost £1800 and estimated over £5000 excluding labour to be spent on it... Just what other Mercs are you comparing it to?!

I didn't know they had dropped under 20K already.

Athough I've seen a lovely E63 estate on Piston heads for around £25k :)

Maybe £3k. Mine doesn't have all the toys which I am glad about as it is less to go wrong.

However, there is one on 100k for even less than that (£18k I think) albeit that's a bit leggy for my liking - although if it was cheap enough and had a full history it should be fine - no blower to wear out or go wrong, (or SBC?) to go wrong.

In reality, which this thread isn't, I would add more and get a later one in the early 20s.

I'm not keen on nearly double road tax though...

:rolleyes:

E220cdi Sport Estate.

I'm very happily surprised with the C220cdi Sport Estate that we've had for 3,500 miles.

If I was given the option I'd go for the same engine in the E class sport Estate, the extra boot space would be most welcome as well as that little bit of extra width in the car.

It's not that long ago that I wouldn't consider anything less than a 350cdi, but these modern 4 pots are very good indeed and provide all the performance you'd ever require in 99% of daily driving.

If I had enough money it would be painted Designo Mystic Red.

WHAT?!?!?!

I had one, cost £1800 and estimated over £5000 excluding labour to be spent on it... Just what other Mercs are you comparing it to?!

The W140 coupe, 560 SEC and the AMG W208 are on my list, together with the Jensen Interceptor and Maserati Quattroporte.

What was wrong with yours? Or if it's quicker, what was right with it ;)

The W140 coupe, 560 SEC and the AMG W208 are on my list, together with the Jensen Interceptor and Maserati Quattroporte.

What was wrong with yours? Or if it's quicker, what was right with it ;)

You just had to ask...! ;) How about rust, rubbing sound/crunch from one corner over bumps, knock from aframe when turnign right, dents and stonechips, interior retrimming needed to an extent, holes in the engine bay from rust, more rust, delaminated rear window so demister stopped working, central locking gone, switch for sunroof jamming, top of central storage box (that wooden slatted one) broken into, key fob gone eventually, boot not locking even with key, ticking engine (like diesel), coolant sensor gone, passenger window regulator and motor gone, AMG alloys which came with car too large but too expensive to replace, car began to shoot forward on braking, loud serious engine squeaking (not squealing) when slowing down without brakes, very squeaky brakes (though not worn according to everyone I asked???), oil leak, overheating, front heatshield on cat convertor rusted to nothing, top of steering wheel worn through leather, rear speakers no longer working, side windows scratched from some loose chippings caught on rubber trim, seriously stonechipped front bumper, hole in rear bumper from collision, and wiring harness needed replacing. All as-is when I got the car with 172k miles for £1800 :doh:

Had my own thread on it here (got a bit heckled!): http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/109276-w124-petrol-turned-into-diesel-overnight.html

So yes it was a bit of a money pit! Spent an absolute fortune getting the engine running like new (apart from the ticking - not timing or anything else just needed serious decoking which would have cost far too much)

I've had Ferraris, a Panther DeVille, a Mercedes Pagoda, a couple of 600SELs (or SECs? too long ago for my memory!), 560SEC, a Porsche Turbo and many other Mercs and this would have been the biggest money pit of them all!

two cheaper z4s, we didn't really understand before buying how solid they are and bought too new.

190sl - but thats assuming my write off was worth WAY more than it currently is and the payout was 300% more than that !
I 'missed' a very nice 190sl many years ago for just £5000 at a garage in Uxbridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom