What would you buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kay7

Car
C180k Avantgarde Sports Pack
It's been a while since I was checking the net for some MB cars. Last night found few nice cars: E55 , S55KL and SL350 . Apparently you can-t get any E 280/320/350 in this group. Sad? ...maybe .

These three are around the same price £20k with outstanding performances from any point of view. Me , an MB fan since I was a kid , I'm driving C180k Sport and Vito Sport at the moment.

My thinking is very simple and logic : what would i buy from these three great cars ? Thats really hard to answer... I love all three:) but taking into account running costs , I'd personally go for S55KL.
I believe this S55KL stands for Kleeman Longbase, right ?

As my wife is gone to New York for her PHD , I'm at home with my daughter. We stayed last night until around 2 am ( are we mad ? ) and looked at these cars . Had different prints, stats and charts. My wife's C class got sold last week for £7450 and that new w204 is on stand-by for my wife. I really like my C180k Sport and not willing to sell it just yet.I could probably get around £11k for it now.
I'm not too fussy or picky but always loved S class.

What would you think of these 3 cars ? Any particular things to mention ? Please do not say anything about tyre wear :D.

I believe this S55KL stands for Kleeman Longbase, right ?

That`ll be Kompresor LWB :thumb: very nice cars and they`re close to 100k new,so maintenance would be expensive

Kompressor, right. :) There is one on pistonheads @ £19995 . Called the shop an hour ago and the guy told me : * we-d be happy to negotiate the price at £19k * . Damn! How much was this car when new ?? Over £100k, right ? Maintenance expensive ...please define this . £1k/ service?

Kompressor, right. :) There is one on pistonheads @ £19995 . Called the shop an hour ago and the guy told me : * we-d be happy to negotiate the price at £19k * . Damn! How much was this car when new ?? Over £100k, right ? Maintenance expensive ...please define this . £1k/ service?

Shop around as you can get a better price thatn that,a member just sold one for 10k :eek:

Its probably not the servicing costs, but you'd have to have deep pockets if something were to go wrong with it I think.

Some of the wear & tear items are expensive too, brakes & pads for example could cost you £500ish just for the pair at the front + fitting + vat and stuff. So just dont think it'll be as cheap to maintain as the c180k.

That grille is hideous, makes it look like a Lexus.

If I were after an S Class, I would get a Bi-Turbo S600 for this money. Currently there is a 53 plate one on Autotrader for £12.5K.

EDIT: Judging by numerous decals and grille, that S55KL in the link above belonged to a racer boy. Bet he was flooring it way too often. I would look around for better example with 1 owner and less 'bling'.

If one finds maintenance of executive Mercedes vehicles expensive, one should either get a Toyota or learn to do things himself.

Last edited:
At 2004 must be just on the boundary for the improved paint/rust protection . It will have the dreaded "air suspension" with all the potential problems that brings. Funny they don't mention Airmatic in the comprehensive spec list ?:rolleyes:

Its probably not the servicing costs, but you'd have to have deep pockets if something were to go wrong with it I think.

Some of the wear & tear items are expensive too, brakes & pads for example could cost you £500ish just for the pair at the front + fitting + vat and stuff. So just dont think it'll be as cheap to maintain as the c180k.

:) Thanks for that. I have 10 Vitos so im ok with costs and now planning to move to trucks. I do not dare to compare my C180k with that S55...c'mon :).

Some other member on this forum said " i fancy a change " ...please let me have that as well :D.

If I were after an S Class, I would get a Bi-Turbo S600 for this money. Currently there is a 53 plate one on Autotrader for £12.5K.

Seen that as well. Looks nice.
EDIT: Judging by numerous decals and grille, that S55KL in the link above belonged to a racer boy. Bet he was flooring it way too often. I would look around for better example with 1 owner and less 'bling'.

Yup, confirmed with the shop.:))

If one finds maintenance of executive Mercedes vehicles expensive, one should either get a Toyota or learn to do things himself.

Well said. I-d never complain for costs. If I want low costs, Id get a Toyota Hybrid :D , but no ! I'll stick to MB . In the past 2 years i've driven few MBs( from C class to S65 ) and loved the drive. I do not want speed. I want contort and style. Don't we all ? :)

I do not want speed. I want contort and style. Don't we all ? :)

I`d like speed to please :D:D

At 2004 must be just on the boundary for the improved paint/rust protection . It will have the dreaded "air suspension" with all the potential problems that brings. Funny they don't mention Airmatic in the comprehensive spec list ?:rolleyes:

I did ask the chap about air suspension . Any problems ? Serviced well ? Was told *yeah*... but with a low voice. SO its a NO NO buy ....

Im no fan of Audis but that S8 is a BEAST. SO im back to MB. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom