What would you describe as :::

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Pan Man

IMMACULATE??

I have just been to see a 320 CDI Estate great advert great list of extras great photos from a distance great write up. Blah Blah Blah.

Immediate requiremants, Two rear tyres on wear bars, Bluettoth Module missing, Supposedly serviced 400 miles ago BUT the next service is due in 8000 miles, needs a full couple of days correcting nd detailing to get it to my standard. I have made an offer based on the above and will let you know what happens. There are some words that I have never used when selling anything especially cars and motorcycle, e.g. Immaculate, Mint, Unmarked because someone will always find something you missed. What are your thoughts.

the majority of cars I see for sale that are described as immaculate are often very far from it. I once sold my Renault Clio Sport 172 as immaculate and it indeed was, minter than mint, not a single blemish on it (not bad these days for a 4 year old car!)

There is a dealer I know near Reading who sells a lot of BMW M3s and he tends to ALWAYS describe each one of them as Immaculate, yet when I went there to test drive a Clio V6 I looked at the 'immaculate' M3s and they had all been through the wars to be honest.

I'm looking for a car myself so I know how you might be feeling. I've read a lot of advertisement which boast the car’s presentation and service history. Presentation is debatable, but service history is a matter of fact, so it's very disappointing when neither are apparent on a visit.

You should always ask the seller on the phone beforehand... I normally make it clear that im overly fussy... then if they try and squirm you know its not going to be up to scratch.

Tyres etc are always a sensitive point... a private seller is never going to spend money on tyres or other consumables before a sale.. heck it could even be the reason for the sale!
If buying from a dealer then of course its a responsibilty of theirs to ensure the items are legal so they would need to be changed before collection.. and dont expect pirellis from any dealer!

As new. Literally. Anything less is surely not immaculate. Well, thats my opinion anyway :D

Well my E500 was close enough to immaculate for me.

The seats needed a good feed and some touch up and there were a couple of stone chips to the bonnet but that's all.

I'm not too worried about seats as (a) I have young kids and (b) life's too short :)

MercFan UK, That is what I would go with. Good all round condition is also a great term. Going to look at a 353 B** at the right money but is it the right car for me. Time will tell.
Jay good points as usual, you have a couple that I was looking at earlier, might ring you in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom