What Would You Do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe you should look for a lady friend in a better part of town:thumb:
Seriously i could not just sit there i would have to say something but under the wrong circumstances i do tend to have a very aggressive nature!

Tony.

There's nothing to do, this sort of thing is happening all the time when you are not in the car, it should make no real difference because you witness it.

The choice is a simple one; report the matter to the police giving full descriptions or do nothing and continue to do so.
The former involves involvement and aggravation but you might just be the last nail needed for those individuals coffins (goal cell). Either way, it is going to play on your mind especially if you are there again because you are normal and they are not which is why confrontation is not an option.

The choice is a simple one; report the matter to the police giving full descriptions or do nothing and continue to do so.
The former involves involvement and aggravation but you might just be the last nail needed for those individuals coffins (goal cell). Either way, it is going to play on your mind especially if you are there again because you are normal and they are not which is why confrontation is not an option.

No crime has been committed.

Even if dibble showed the slightest interest (which he wouldn't) it would simply be a case of "I made a mistake - I thought it was my mate's car".

If that's all they did - not a problem. Opportunists are everywhere. You did the right thing.

Carry a Magnum .44 next time and ask them if they know how many shots have been fired... :D

Maybe you should look for a lady friend in a better part of town:thumb:
Seriously i could not just sit there i would have to say something but under the wrong circumstances i do tend to have a very aggressive nature!

Tony.

I understand your point of view but what would you then do if they both pulled guns or knives on you?

Unless you can disarm two individuals with technique pretty quickly or you carry an Uzi, you might struggle?

Maybe time for those South African flame throwers that mount under the sills for just such an occasion!

Maybe they were trying to entice you out of the car so they could "borrow" it.

You get out of the car ,walk forward a few paces and their mate who was behind another car gets in , the initial two turn round and a "royal rumble" ensues , you loose the rumble (unless your name is Bruce Norris) and they have the car and keys.

Wise move on your part staying in the motor.

Just think what would have happened if you had a top of the range car ;)

Kenny

If that's all they did - not a problem. Opportunists are everywhere. You did the right thing.

Carry a Magnum .44 next time and ask them if they know how many shots have been fired... :D

I understand your point of view but what would you then do if they both pulled guns or knives on you?

Unless you can disarm two individuals with technique pretty quickly or you carry an Uzi, you might struggle?

A Krav Maga Expert cant disarm and 'restrain' two people at once when they are on opposite sides of the car! You really have very few options and the one OP took is the best one when available, you only take chances when options are removed!

The big pry bar in the van springs to mind!!:D

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Simplest answer of all.

You simply start your engine, let them revel in the aural cacophony that is presented and burble off slowly into the distance safe in the knowledge that you are better than they are.

A Krav Maga Expert cant disarm and 'restrain' two people at once when they are on opposite sides of the car! You really have very few options and the one OP took is the best one when available, you only take chances when options are removed!

[YOUTUBE]5hXjr_7bSdg[/YOUTUBE]

No crime has been committed.

Even if dibble showed the slightest interest (which he wouldn't) it would simply be a case of "I made a mistake - I thought it was my mate's car".

Incorrect.

See 126, parts 1 & 2. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...data/file/306656/count-vehicle-april-2014.pdf

For example Teenager caught trying car door handles in Burnley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

In in response to the cocky, smart mouth response, a few simple questions would prove he had no mate with such a car.

I'm not talking whilst they are apart either side of the car, I'm developing the theme and talking about beyond that where they re-join and Tony gets out to have a word.

You also didn't read my post properly if you thought I was referring to the OP in my second paragraph.

Yes i understand this but where do you draw the line do you let people take liberty's with you and your's all through life or just say enough's enough? I am not a turn the other cheek man...and i dont seem to have full control of the benevolent switch:dk:

Tony.

There's nothing in there which states that trying a single car door handle constitutes interfering with a vehicle or any other crime. In 126 parts 1 & 2 there is a clear need to prove intent to carry out one of the three offences in the list (stealing the car, stealing from the car or taking without consent).

In this instance, no such intent can be proven.

For example Teenager caught trying car door handles in Burnley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

In in response to the cocky, smart mouth response, a few simple questions would prove he had no mate with such a car.

That teenager was caught routinely trying door handles - as far as we know this person only tried one so the circumstances are completely different.

And a "well a mate of me mate, I dunno his name like, but he's like got a motor what's just like that one innit bruv" response would be more than enough to lead a disinterested dibble to disappear (assuming that they bothered to turn up before the culprits sauntered off - or at all).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom