What would you do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pick up tiny pebble.
Unscrew dust cap from tyre valve.
Place pebble in dustcap.
Replace dustcap slowly until a bit of hiss is audible.
Question one's morality as it relates to this act of retribution.

I have done this once in my younger days. I now leave a note complimenting their parking and suggesting they either leave tin openers for the cars next to them to allow escape or begin using public transport.

Well I would take the view that after I had managed to get behind the wheel,that I was lucky that that very poor driver did not take that extra inch and scrape my car when he parked.

I could never damage anybody’s car ever . I work in a body shop and have seen the pain and suffering on a daily basis that vandalism and scratches cause as well as the cost involved . I take pride in my cars and it is an investment and also very enjoyable to myself in keeping my cars tip top condition. I also strongly disagree in my bosses attitude he told me that he only parked his cars next 2 expensive cars saying that they won’t damage his car cause they wouldn’t want 2 damage theirs . I disagree in this because no matter if there cars expensive or not it might be all they can afford and still be there pride and joy

I also strongly disagree in my bosses attitude he told me that he only parked his cars next 2 expensive cars saying that they won’t damage his car cause they wouldn’t want 2 damage theirs . I disagree in this because no matter if there cars expensive or not it might be all they can afford and still be there pride and joy

You could argue those with expensive cars sometimes have more money than sense and care not if they damage their cars or other cars. Drop in the ocean and all that.

It's down to the individual like with many things. A bellend with lots of money will be the same as a skint bellend... if they don't care they don't care.

Came back 2 my car in parking lot 2 find I couldn’t even open my drivers door . Not even an inch of space because somebody squeezed there car into parking bay I was bang on between the white lines . And could only enter the car by climbing in the passenger door and over passenger seat and into drivers . I was fuming but drove away in disbelief. Any thoughts in what I should have done

An Audi or BMW probably?
I`d have taken a photo of his lousy parking skills and splashed it all over Social Media.

I had similar when I was 18. A car in the supermarket carpark parked about an inch from my door. Most cars back then didn't have passenger wing mirrors so the car was really close. I had to open the rear hatch and climb over the seats to get in. As I was backing out, I left the owner a nice few dents in their doors as a thanks for the inconvenience.

Reading the restrained comments on here I have come to the conclusion I need Therapy!

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Think of that as them looking out for you and your boy - they don't want spaces reserved for those who need them (your lad) being taken by those who have no right to be there. I can see why the suspicion could annoy though.
On the event of the opening post - I wouldn't have thought much of you if you'd needlessly damaged the other car (no matter how tempting - though Doodle's climb over the car was within bounds). You're the better man for solving the problem and not creating another.

OTOH, damaging the other car might encourage them to be more considerate next time.

I was walking to my car recently when a woman opened her door and banged it into the car next to her. There was a clear dent - I pointed to it - she shrugged and drove off. I left her details (registration) and my contact details on the dented car.

Reading the restrained comments on here I have come to the conclusion I need Therapy!

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nope you are normal - we are all playing nice because it is a friendly forum.....I've been known (in my younger days) to leave an indication of my displeasure on an inconsiderate parker's car.

Years ago, my office overlooked the parking bays belonging to a modelling agency :)which shared a premises with a popular wine bar. Wine bar clientell had a habit of using the agency parking. The agency solved the parking issue by glueing large sheets of paper to the windscreen of the offenders (big notice posted on the wall warning that it would happen) . The glue was like that stuff we used to get at school in large bottles with a brush. The glue dried rock hard in the hot sun and was a big job to remove the paper - especially when inebriated - but no damage to the vehicle.

As much as I would like to show my displease - cannot bring myself to damage another's vehicle.

In fact cannot even bring myself to let their tyres down.

The standard of parking mimics other road behaviour eg MLM, lack of indicators, disregard for speed limits, etc.

OTOH, damaging the other car might encourage them to be more considerate next time.

Might - is the best that can be hoped for and a hope is all it is at best.

I 'might' ask myself will damaging another car actually improve the situation or will it merely console a bruised ego?

Damaging the other car would just be daft. apart from the legalities of this, most car parks have CCTV which the bad parker could have gained access to and sent on to the Police.

I was walking to my car recently when a woman opened her door and banged it into the car next to her. There was a clear dent - I pointed to it - she shrugged and drove off. I left her details (registration) and my contact details on the dented car.

Did the owner of the damaged car contact you?

Might - is the best that can be hoped for and a hope is all it is at best.

I 'might' ask myself will damaging another car actually improve the situation or will it merely console a bruised ego?

Not sure that 'ego' has much to do with it. In my case, it is the frustration with people that are so inconsiderate to others and only care about themselves (a sadly growing trend). However, it would make me feel much, much better.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom