What would you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am surprised at Betfair's move.

Someone winning half a million on a horse race is bound to make some headlines which will bring them more punters.

If they end-up paying-out they can just deduct it from their advertising budget.

I’d take the money, but then I’m not a betting man, and he clearly knows what he’s doing. Given that the horse has won 11 out of 11 I’d say he’ll let it run.

Take the money, get off my face, have sex all night, wake up in a day or so, go on ebay/auto trader, buy a silly car.....and not give a flying f*** what any of you think.

😁

Take the money, get off my face, have sex all night, wake up in a day or so, go on ebay/auto trader, buy a silly car.....and not give a flying f*** what any of you think.

😁
You forgot gumtree 🤣🤣🤣 i like your style 😎

Anything can happen in a horse race & in the first 2 days of Cheltenham we've seen an 80/1 winner & several red hot odds on sure things get turned over, including 3 horses at Evens or shorter just today. I'd take the money & run.

It's only £275k, might as well let it roll and hope for the half-mil.😂

I certainly would not tell the wife.......... :D
Oh!
That is dangerous !
I can relate to a customer who won big and I mean big time=Millions perhaps Billions of dollars.
He quit his job and his missus knew nothing of the windfall. She just thought and continued to think, that his regular weekly departure was his job, Traveling sales across the USA.
In the meantime he bought a large piece of land on the eastern plains of Colorado , and had his man cave where guys with Pinzgauers & Unimogs did off roading adventures on his purpose built competition course . It would have done the British Army proud! There was even accommodation and food prep.
Not satisfied, he had a landing strip constructed and bought a Cessna.
Of course stuff like this gets a bit complicated because when I sold him a Pinzgauer 710K it was for his "GIRLFRIEND"--Uh Ho !
Feigning he said she, this shapely young filly was just his amicable platonic co pilot , but instantly I knew better !
Sometimes we guys think with the wrong head!

Anyway it all came crashing down when the wife (remember her) called his place of work & wanted to speak to Jim.
"Jim hasn't worked here for years, he quit after winning BILLIONS on the lottery"--Oh $CHIT & it hit the fan .

Word of caution guys don't lie to your wife 'cos she will find out out via Facebook, whether American or British. :eek:
And don't lie to your mechanic because we keep workshop records.
Whoops.
Tuercas Viejas

Last edited:
Well I would cash out,ok he has the favorite in the race but it is a novices chase at Cheltenham,anything can happen in those races,depending on the rules,maybe no horse in the race can have won before or only been placed,so the whole field has unknown form,the favorite may have been a good hurdler who is going chasing for the first time ,I have not looked at the race,with £275 grand in your pocket it makes a lot of sense to grab it and run.

I am surprised at Betfair's move.

Someone winning half a million on a horse race is bound to make some headlines which will bring them more punters.

If they end-up paying-out they can just deduct it from their advertising budget.
I’ve not read the article but based upon the posts I’ve read I believe that...

You’re right, but what would be even better “advertising” would be attempt to buy out the gambler, and he/she refuses sticking with their bet, and then wins.

In the other scenario; they attempt to buy out the gambler, he/she accepts and cashes out their bet, and then the horse still wins, again great advertising for Betfair.

In any scenario, making this offer increases the exposure for Betfair: That gives two lots of news headlines, and the second lot will be even bigger than it would otherwise be.

Really? Is that really life changing to you?
It would be life changing for me. I could clear my mortgage now, instead of at 65, and have a large chunk of cash available every month to do things with that I could not dream of having at the moment.

I mean, not super yacht spare house in the Bahamas life changing. But life changing nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom