What would you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tuercas viejas

MB Enthusiast
Car
landrover/rolls royce/MB AMG S600/Prius
When faced with this ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Because
This can happen !
Tuercas viejas

When faced with this ?

Because
This can happen !
Tuercas viejas

Take a “chubby” mate with you who isn’t as fast a runner :rolleyes:

If it was an old friend in Skowhegan, Maine, he'd pull out his trusty Ruger .44 magnum that he always carried when he went out into the woods cutting timber for the winter!:D:D

Actually bear repellant works quite well.
In Idaho a .44 magnum is advisable to carry if the bear wants to eat you. I prefer one of us to carry an IWI AR15 as well just in case
The land we have has more moose than bears on it and I have yet to see Bear scat when walking though the woodland & scrub.
That stated on my sister in law's land you DO SEE grizzly & mountain lion scat plus foot prints, so you tend to be more aware when trudging over her mountain meadows.
As Brits visiting Yellowstone./Glacier National Park or the Canadian wilderness & maybe doing some hiking, buying a bear repellant might be good insurance.
Tuercas viejas

Actually bear repellant works quite well.
In Idaho a .44 magnum is advisable to carry if the bear wants to eat you. I prefer one of us to carry an IWI AR15 as well just in case
The land we have has more moose than bears on it and I have yet to see Bear scat when walking though the woodland & scrub.
That stated on my sister in law's land you DO SEE grizzly & mountain lion scat plus foot prints, so you tend to be more aware when trudging over her mountain meadows.
As Brits visiting Yellowstone./Glacier National Park or the Canadian wilderness & maybe doing some hiking, buying a bear repellant might be good insurance.
Tuercas viejas

I would take the pistol so I could shoot myself if things started to head south

Will you be able to stop the attack of a raging bear with a .44 Magnum revolver....? Not sure at all. Dirty Harry is overstated.....

If the bear is charging and you get off enough accurate shots....maybe . But by that time it might be upon you and even if fatally wounded it can (and will) Fruck you right up before it expires.

Will you be able to stop the attack of a raging bear with a .44 Magnum revolver....? Not sure at all. Dirty Harry is overstated.....
Probably with a steel slug as ammo.
The first time I was REALLY made aware of bears as a Brit in NA was driving to Expo 86 from Toronto. After all we just regards them as Winnie the Poo in zoos or kids books!
To coin for Brits a popular kid's TV cartoon expression "Nothing Ever Really Happens !"
West of Banff in Alberta up came an urgent advisory on the radio "we interrupt this program to warn motorists on the Trans Canadian Highway, that two grizzly bears are wrestling cars at kilometer marker xxxx" Do not approach these animals" watch for diversions .
.Paying little heed but thinking of scratched paint jobs & carrying on into the dusk up front came emergency flashing lights .
The erected road diversion barriers with cops around two dead grizzly bears, shot by the police & wild life control . Huge bloody things. WOW!
This is Canada!!

Of course over the border in Idaho & Montana you can run into the same and be confronted with a raging bear often grizzlies. Here in Colorado they are mostly , slightly smaller black bears (still big enough) that venture into human areas looking for food especially before and after hibernation. They will do a lot of damage inside a house or car if they get in. AND they are fast runners . Unbelievable that a large animal like a bear can be so fast on the run!

Ruger is what I have for animal defense in Idaho & hope I never have to use it against such an iconic animal.
Tuercas viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom