What would you like MB to add ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A BMW-style tailgate on my estate whereby the glass can be opened separately to the main tailgate.

A BMW-style rear tailagate wiper that only does one pass of the screen on every intermittent wipe instead of the normal two wipes per intermittent wipe.

A BMW-style programmable rear wiper that allows the intermittent wipe time to be set.

Move the rear wiper switch to the steering column (fixed in new E Classes, I think).

BMW-style automatically adjusted seat-belt height adjusters.

... Surely, MB must buy the odd BMW and analyse its good points?

What you really want is a BMW, is what you're trying to say :D

Once had a Ford Mondeo on hire in Germany that had a heated front screen. My word that was useful although there was a fine mesh effect that could be a bit distracting at times.

Unfortunately Ford patented the electrically heated front screen. After a while you only notice the wires on rare occasions. As a slight digression, I wonder if Jaguar had to stop using the electric front screen when they were sold by Ford.

I quite like the led front lights on audis - although i did see them on the photos of the brabus g-wagon. not sure i can afford the 379k euros to get them though.

A BMW-style tailgate on my estate whereby the glass can be opened separately to the main tailgate.

A BMW-style rear tailagate wiper that only does one pass of the screen on every intermittent wipe instead of the normal two wipes per intermittent wipe.

A BMW-style programmable rear wiper that allows the intermittent wipe time to be set.

Move the rear wiper switch to the steering column (fixed in new E Classes, I think).

Ever tried a BMW indicator? Hit it up to turn right (then hit it up to cancel) ..hmmmm
I quite like the led front lights on audis - although i did see them on the photos of the brabus g-wagon. not sure i can afford the 379k euros to get them though.

Think they are going to be on the new E class..

Yep , completely agree :) Id also like to add the BMW adjustable on the stalk rain sensor. I know the facelift W211 has 2 positions for the sensitivity of the rain sensor but the bmw has about 8 increments on it which means it can be tailored for the conditions.

Id also like to see better steering wheels on MB's The M sport wheel on my 5 series puts even the mercedes AMG wheels to shame. Nothing better than a nice chunky wheel to hold onto :)

Oh and the BMW seats are better too. :)

But , ive got the best of both worlds with both an E61 5 series and a W211 :)

Yep , completely agree :) Id also like to add the BMW adjustable on the stalk rain sensor. I know the facelift W211 has 2 positions for the sensitivity of the rain sensor but the bmw has about 8 increments on it which means it can be tailored for the conditions.

Id also like to see better steering wheels on MB's The M sport wheel on my 5 series puts even the mercedes AMG wheels to shame. Nothing better than a nice chunky wheel to hold onto :)

Oh and the BMW seats are better too. :)

But , ive got the best of both worlds with both an E61 5 series and a W211 :)

I find MB's steering wheels terrible, there are bits @ the quarter to 3 and twenty to 4 that catch you're fingers when you pass the wheel through you're hands. The BMWs don't have this. I like the steering wheel diameter in you're Msport, but think the wheel is too fat to give real feedback, a thinner wheel would be better but the same size.

I'd like to see MB spend the money and adapt the cars to RHD, like the gear selector lever, and a fully off ESP and an LSD as standard.

I find MB's steering wheels terrible, there are bits @ the quarter to 3 and twenty to 4 that catch you're fingers when you pass the wheel through you're hands. The BMWs don't have this. I like the steering wheel diameter in you're Msport, but think the wheel is too fat to give real feedback, a thinner wheel would be better but the same size..

you must have small hands :)

And swop the foot operated parking break for a conventional or even better these days electronic version (that maybe has a brief hill-hold feature, again as mentioned previously like a beemer!).

And remove the parking lights on one side "feature" from the lights switch which can result in leaving lights on inadvertantly. Just need off/side/dipped positions

And whilst I'm thinking about it, remove the amusing switch that lowers the rear headrests (but doesn't raise them). Since it does nothing to improve rear visibility so s pointless.

And swop the foot operated parking break for a conventional or even better these days electronic version (that maybe has a brief hill-hold feature, again as mentioned previously like a beemer!).

Don't mind the foot thingee, its not better or worse, just different and a reminder that the car is a MB

And remove the parking lights on one side "feature" from the lights switch which can result in leaving lights on inadvertantly. Just need off/side/dipped positions

I've done this very folly, but the car has a battery protection mode which cuts them off if the drain becomes too much that the vehicle will not be able to be started. I left them on, and my old man told me I left them on, I came out and they were off but the light switch was on the parking light.

And whilst I'm thinking about it, remove the amusing switch that lowers the rear headrests (but doesn't raise them). Since it does nothing to improve rear visibility so s pointless.

Realy good feature, you put the rests up for passengers, but if its just you in the car push the button and they drop, it does increase the view out the back with the head rests down, especially through the mirror where instead of 2 head rests, you can see a bit more of that car tailing you in the mirror.

I tell you a thing I'd like to change on the MB's. The fog light switches, on the BMW's its a really intuative push button for the front, and another button for the rears. Easy. On the MB you have to pull the headlight circular switch out, and the indicators for the fogs are on the switch and the steering wheel gets in the way so its hard to see when the fogs are on. The BMW tells you in the instrument display.

And a thing I'd like to see the end of in MB's, poor head rest design. The ****ing headrest pushes your head too far forward giving neck ache, as its an antiwhiplash design. A normal headrest doesn't push you're head forward like a 211's does.

W211 already has a brake Hold function.

And a thing I'd like to see the end of in MB's, poor head rest design. The ****ing headrest pushes your head too far forward giving neck ache, as its an antiwhiplash design. A normal headrest doesn't push you're head forward like a 211's does.

Never found that a problem, to be honest.

Ditto the handbrake. Cant stand the stupid American foot thing.

Decent leather instead of the cardboard stuff.

Wish the 107 had the double-hinged bonnet. Oh my aching head.:(

To be fair, they do offer nappa on most recent models should you want it.

Prefer cloth myself. EDIT: In fact that's something they don't offer - cloth trim in AMGs.

To be fair, they do offer nappa on most recent models should you want it.

It's not an option if you get your car from BCA. ;)
I'm negotiating with a couple of local firms to fit aftermarket nappa. Can't make up my mind on colour/stitching combination :mad:

I like the parking lights on my old coupe, i have used em a few times, i'd rather have the option to protect the car when its parked down a dark road than not, and if your leaving them on by accident whats the problem? they are designed to be on all night anyway.

Because of the design on the front of my car the headlights throw enough light out sideways to make irt look as though the star on the bonnet is illuminated (well, from inside it does anyway.)

Forgot to say - the gear selector stuff is on the correct (driver's) side of the lever on our Vito (5 speed auto).

Looks like the new(ish) RHD W204 has correct side indication...........
Just wish this had been done on the facelifted W203...............

Last edited:
Ditto the handbrake. Cant stand the stupid American foot thing.

Wish the 107 had the double-hinged bonnet. Oh my aching head.:(

It just seems to be your W211 thats got the harder leather in it. Mine and others ive been in are fine . Even the new ones are pretty soft :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom