What would you like MB to add ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had lots of 4x4 sierras, love them to bits but now they are either to expensive or too rusty to buy as cars to bomb around collecting spare parts in, one of the best winter cars ever made i reckon that still works well as a normal car, most of em come with the heated screen and given a couple of weeks you dont see the elements in the screen anymore.

Yes, I totally agree about not seeing the elements after a while - but my husband is a purist (read as: he has OCD) and so he moaned about it till it drove me nuts!
I could only ever see the elements if the sun shone at the screen at an exact angle anyway!

You need to adjust your seat differently. Move the seat forwards and tilt the backrest a little more.

I tried this but found my legs were too close to the wheel (giving ankle pain as well as knee pain) and the seat base didn't provide adequate support for my thiighs as my knees were bent at a greater angle, even with the seat base tilted as far up as it goes.

I could only ever see the elements if the sun shone at the screen at an exact angle anyway!

....I rest my case... :D ....visible

and once you see them at these times, you start 'seeing them' again for a while.... if you see what I mean.

I had an electrically heated windscreen on my VW Sharan - great.

My (very petite) wife wants remote electric open and close functionality on the rear hatch of her A-Class - so she doesn't have to jump to reach the open hatch.

I'm being really picky here, but I do wish the lumbar support control was part of the seat memory on my S. Fancy having to set it myself!:eek:

and the seat base didn't provide adequate support for my thiighs as my knees were bent at a greater angle,

I'd agree here. The W211 seats aren't a patch on W210 ones, they are too flat and short for taller drivers and don't adjust as well.
Have you tried raising the seat just a little to gain better thigh support.?

If you have a sunroof and are tall you will have problems getting comfortable..for me a sunroof gets Nil Point...

5mph cruise increments

I'd do this by rotating the stalk up or down - leaving the up/down actions as they are.

That's effectively how it works with Distronic on the 211. When cruise is first set it keeps the current speed. First press up or down sets the speed to the next multiple of 5mph, and subsequent actions move the target speed up and down by 5mph. You can even hold the stick up or down and watch the target auto increment or decrement in 5mph steps until the desired speed is reached. It's really very easy, a very logical step from the speedtronic that my wife has on her A class.

I'd like an accessible and sturdy switch to adjust the headlights for driving on the right when I go across the channel. There's a lever under there somewhere but my hands can't reach it and it's not recommended for DIY use (and from other threads iirc it's a bit delicate and prone to breaking!).

more equipment as standard! To shell out for stuff like CD changers on S Classes is taking the P

Yes, I totally agree about not seeing the elements after a while - but my husband is a purist (read as: he has OCD) and so he moaned about it till it drove me nuts!

....I rest my case... :D ....visible

and once you see them at these times, you start 'seeing them' again for a while.... if you see what I mean.

Don't you just love a DOMESTIC..............:D :D :D

Ice Warning:
-BMWs beep once temp drops below 3 degrees, when there is a risk of ice. So simple, yet it does help to focus the mind

Apart from that, I wholeheartedly prefer MBs- there are lots of things MBs have that BMWs dont!

Oh, and xenons or LED lights as standard spec
-Why is it that a premium marque has such old tech as tungsten filament when there are cheaper/ more prolific marques with newer tech lights as standard?

Ice Warning:
-BMWs beep once temp drops below 3 degrees, when there is a risk of ice. So simple, yet it does help to focus the mind

No thanks. I've driven Fords that beeped when it got cold. Then would beep again. And again. And again And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

i used to like the lil two colour snow flake top spec mk1 sierras had, when it was cold it light up greenish white, when it was really cold a red bit lit up as well. :D

A friend of mine has a very nice flashy sports car. He has had fitted a rather nifty anti-theft/alarm device.
You lock the car and if somebody tries to break-in and providing you are within about 200 metres of the car, it will send a warning signal to your remote key fob so you can go and see whats going on.
I was out with him and a few friends one night having a quiet sup in a local hostilery and the alarm went off. He sprung into life and charged out the pub to see a small car tearing off up the road.
It would be nice if something like that was a factory option.

Ice Warning:

Apart from that, I wholeheartedly prefer MBs- there are lots of things MBs have that BMWs dont!

My VW Bora had this too - a nice gentle 'bing' when you turned the ignition on and the OAT would flash to remind you that it was bl**dy cold!!!!

I'd like an accessible and sturdy switch to adjust the headlights for driving on the right when I go across the channel. There's a lever under there somewhere but my hands can't reach it and it's not recommended for DIY use (and from other threads iirc it's a bit delicate and prone to breaking!).
Hmmm got me thinking that in this day and age it would be simple in conjunction with the gps to do this automatically.
Arrive in France and the headlamps dip the correct way.

A friend of mine has a very nice flashy sports car. He has had fitted a rather nifty anti-theft/alarm device.
You lock the car and if somebody tries to break-in and providing you are within about 200 metres of the car, it will send a warning signal to your remote key fob so you can go and see whats going on.
I was out with him and a few friends one night having a quiet sup in a local hostilery and the alarm went off. He sprung into life and charged out the pub to see a small car tearing off up the road.
It would be nice if something like that was a factory option.

It's possible to get aftermarket systems that send a text message to your mobile phone, so range isn't an issue. Both would be even better.

It's possible to get aftermarket systems that send a text message to your mobile phone, so range isn't an issue. Both would be even better.

Integrate it with the car so that you can control the car systems to lock the doors, turn off the engine, use the sat nav to locate the car and then call the police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom