What would you like MB to add ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Integrate it with the car so that you can control the car systems to lock the doors, turn off the engine, use the sat nav to locate the car and then call the police.

....and fire off the poison gas........ :D

I'd agree here. The W211 seats aren't a patch on W210 ones, they are too flat and short for taller drivers and don't adjust as well.
Have you tried raising the seat just a little to gain better thigh support.?

If you have a sunroof and are tall you will have problems getting comfortable..for me a sunroof gets Nil Point...

Did try raising the seat, but it put my head uncomfortably close to the roof (and I have nae sunroof as like you find they erode head room too much)

You need at least room for a clenched fist above you're head. If you can't put a clenched fist between you're head and the roof then you're sat too high, and the seat on its lowest setting gives me allows me to do this, but not by much :(

If the seat base had a greater tilt angle I could move it a bit closer, and then adjust the back rest slightly further back as you correctly said.

With this car I can have either my legs comfortable but my arms a bit too far from the wheel and neck ache

or my legs unsuported but the neck not in ache but my ankles and feet sore.

Its not that good a seat design, but a wheel that would telescope an inch further out (its already out as far as it would go and a bit too low for my liking so I can hold the top of the wheel with my arms still bent) would solve my woes as I could recline the seat back a bit more to get round this neck ache

I tell you a thing I'd like to change on the MB's. The fog light switches, on the BMW's its a really intuative push button for the front, and another button for the rears. Easy. On the MB you have to pull the headlight circular switch out, and the indicators for the fogs are on the switch and the steering wheel gets in the way so its hard to see when the fogs are on. The BMW tells you in the instrument display.

On the ML you have a very similar system to the BMW one - far easier to use - but all the switches look the same!

I'd like a loudhailer for when I am looking for a parking space, to request owners of lesser cars to vacate the parking space where I wish to be.

Oh, and razor blade edged wipers to "surprise" the windscreen washers at traffic lights......

..... and a sticker on the back window that says "Oi seem to be CONSIDERABLY richer than yow" ........ (apologies to Harry Enfield)

:devil:

..... In fact that's something they don't offer - cloth trim in AMGs.

That's because of the difficulty in cleaning cloth trim after your passenger found out just how fast your AMG goes............

:devil:

Remote boot closure or at least a soft close option (on models below S/CL), also (I don't know if they is already offered) but a one-touch sunroof

I tell you a thing I'd like to change on the MB's. The fog light switches, on the BMW's its a really intuative push button for the front, and another button for the rears. Easy. On the MB you have to pull the headlight circular switch out, and the indicators for the fogs are on the switch and the steering wheel gets in the way so its hard to see when the fogs are on. The BMW tells you in the instrument display.

Agree completely. I constantly moan about drivers who drive around with high intensity lights on for days after fog but in the MB you have to make a conscious effort to look round the steering wheel to check you turned them off.

Ford manage to combine the pull out switch with warning lights in the instrument cluster so why can't MB?

I don't mean to sound smart, but you do know that the headrests are adjustable, right? The headrest bit can adjust in and out (backwards and forwards) quite seperate from the up and down. If I have mine adjusted fully forward with an upright seat back, then yes, it would be uncomfortable. But I have them adjusted fully back with a normal (slightly) reclined seat back.

I recall some Health & Safety person saying that for optimum safety your headrests should be adjusted so that:
1. The top of the headrest is in line with the centre of your head,
2. The headrest should be just a littl eto the rear of your comfortable head position.

Mine is fully back and the top of the rest lines up with the middle of my head (near top of ears).

The head rest still sticks out more than the seat back, which is pretty much upright as thats how I like to sit, so my whole back for shoulders to base is supported by the seat back.

Its a very poor design and a driving position like mine simply isn't catered for as the head rest, even fully lowered and pushed in sticks out further than the seat back.

Naah. Smeary glass and paw prints on the bonnet. Now this is more my kind of windscreen washer......

sexy_car_wash.jpg

Sorry about the picture... the windscreen is just off the bottom of the picture. It's lovely and clean, I promise.

Can't think why there is not more windscreen showing on the photo.....

Last edited:
Now, here are two excellent features I remember on my dad's Standard 12:

Crank on dashboard to open windscreen - no need for a/c, real boingy bumpers that did exactly what they were designed to do! ;) :D

standardflying2.jpg

Oh, and bring back the starting handle. Had to get a jump start at the airport car park after my poor car stood outside in the cold for two weeks.:mad:

Naah. Smeary glass and paw prints on the bonnet. Now this is more my kind of windscreen washer......

sexy_car_wash.jpg

Sorry about the picture... the windscreen is just off the bottom of the picture. It's lovely and clean, I promise.

Can't think why there is not more windscreen showing on the photo.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D

No doubt it can be a very effective cleaning agent, but it is advisable to read

The Hazardous Materials Data Sheet:eek:

The picture above of the windscreen washer reminded me of the S Class airbag advert - thought I ought to share it with you ....

mercedes_airbags_commercial_klein.jpg

mercedes_s-klasse_commercial_8_airb.jpg

What a very safe and pleasant place the S Class must be !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom