What wristwatch do you wear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d1st

I like to think that most Mercedes owners are stylish folks with a bit of taste.
What I want to know is what kind of watch do you all wear on your wrist?

I'm looking for a new watch and want to spend about £200 to £250 pounds.
I'm after a masculine, chunky, metal sporty number. I like the Tissot PRS200 and a few Seikos. Any other recommendations out there? What should I get?

Thanks!

My daily watch is a very slimline his 'in' hers Armani AR2200 which I picked up in Hungary three years ago at a pretty good price.

I dont like fat chunky watches, and these two fit the bill perfectly, very slim and stylish! :)

Tag Heur 4000 series, bought it from ebay for a buy it now of £250, complete with box, original certificate etc, unwanted xmas present, was worth £1k at the time so well chuffed! :bannana: Couldn't believe the bargain, even went to Ernest Jones to verify its an original!

My everyday watch is a Seiko Kinetic...

2500656A53IFN35121M.JPG

I bought it from Argos about 4 years ago, nothing special or expensive but it's great as a daily wear.

My watch for special occasions is a 1961 Rolex dress watch.

Like Maff, I really love slimline watches, I guess my ideal would be a really thin Longines model. I also like Zenith, Omega and Rado :eek:

S.

*EDIT* just noticed you also drive a W202, check out this thread from long long ago. ;)

*EDIT 2* Just noticed that this thread is in General Discussion when it's better placed in Off Topic :rolleyes: Moving...

Last edited:
I have an Ark Royal watch made by Sewills of Liverpool, who made a variety of very good quality nautical clocks, chronometers and various watches. Very good value for money because they use exactly the same Swiss high-beat mechanical movements (the ones where the second hands sweeps, not jumps) as those found in the over priced branded watches. All you are really paying for is a fancy case and the name

Sewills is no more, but their business was taken over by W M Forbes

http://www.wmforbes.com/

Some really good traditional Nautical equipment there as well. Fancy a Ships Bell Clock!

Rolex GMT master II for every day
Blue Leather Strap Cartier white 18k tank americanie for special occasions

and a Tag SEL for doing crappy jobs :) ( the one with the nice links that all the copies are of)

I wear a Titan, Indian watch I aquired in Saudia. Keeps great time. I also have an Omega Speedmaster I have has for 30 years, sadly requires attention.

But a watch doesnt say everything about a person. Some just show that the wearer has more money than sense. :D

watches and pc's are my downfall
tag heur for work,i'm in the building trade on the tools
omega seamaster bond watch
maurice lacroix stainless steel
rolex daytona stainless steel white face never been worn ,i save it incase i fall on hard times,

Calvin Klein after my Accurist died. I like nice watches but only ever have one on the go and it's never an expensive one. Doesn't do it for me and I'm too rough with them anyway. Only take them off whern I go in water otherwise they stay on! And you can only wear one at a time :D

Did get hubby a really nice Armani one a couple of years ago though.

Omega Seamaster for everyday use, Zenith Elite and Tag Heuer Carrera 1964 reissue for out and about. Also got a couple of 60s Seamasters which I wear sometimes

Omega Speedmaster Professional, as issued to the original Apollo astronauts, the first watch worn on the Moon by Neil and Buzz, and to this day the only watch certified by NASA for "extra vehicular activity" ;)

Watches are the only jewellery men should wear IMHO and I currently have 11 :

1990s Omega Speedmaster chronograph - the moon watch - black dial, steel case, steel bracelet.
1972 Heuer Carrera chronograph - champagne dial, gold case, brown leather strap.
1975 Heuer Carrera chronograph - champagne dial, steel case, black leather strap.
2002 Heuer Monaco chronograph - black dial, steel case, black leather strap.
1960s Rado Purple Horse - Champagne dial, steel case, steel bracelet.

The rest are Paul Smith, fossil, animal, etc for washing cars or working in the garden in.

My best mate owns his own watch making business, so let me know what you decide you want and I will see if he can better the price. :)

S

Last edited:
like others cars and watches...................to expensive

daily wear is split between rolex submariner date and tag monaco
light watch is longine black leather strap
posh watches are cartier tank white gold and breitling chrono

cheers

kenny

Ian B Walker said:
I also have an Omega Speedmaster I have has for 30 years, sadly requires attention.
:D

Whats wrong with the Omega ?

Tag Heuer, got it in Hong kong in Nov 1995, worn it every day and you would think it was brand new - not a scratch or mark on it

watches are cool!

I have a Seiko Kinetic titanium and gold for holidays - and my dress and day watch is one of 250 Omega Seamaster Professional Gold and titanium its lovely - analogue and digital readouts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom