What year did the 320CDI Change to a V6? Fuel Card Implications?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seymansey

Car
2006 CLK 320cdi Avantgarde
As per title.

I currently receive a fuel card to use on the C240 (just as well lately...) but she's getting a little old, so i'm going to save for a E320CDI for some time in the next year or so.

The key question here is due to the limitations of my fuel card being 3L or below i'd have to get a V6 320 CDI, so what year did they change over?

I haven't ruled out a CLS either, but that's a bit of a pipe dream for now ;)

I THINK it was 2005 although both engines were fitted to 211's concurrently for a time so you'll need to ask the vendor when you see one advertised of that manufacturing year.

2005 was the change over, although I have seen some 5 cylinder 270 CDis '06 registered which were meant to have stopped in 05 also..,

Mine is an early V6 and is a late 2005.

Dont rule out E270cdi and e220cdi, not as good as the V6 but more than up for the job

Thanks for all the replies.

I certainly haven't ruled out the other engines, i've driven a 220CDI and whilst it is more than capable, it felt a bit more sterile than the 320CDi. Havent driving a 270 so cannot comment - i'm sure i'd always feel like if i got the 270 then i should have gotten the 320?

Thanks for all the replies.

I certainly haven't ruled out the other engines, i've driven a 220CDI and whilst it is more than capable, it felt a bit more sterile than the 320CDi. Havent driving a 270 so cannot comment - i'm sure i'd always feel like if i got the 270 then i should have gotten the 320?

Nah, the reason I say 220cdi and 270cdi is that whilst they are not much more frugal, in my book the 5speed box is a lot nicer.

All E class diesels will cruise at 130mph all day no problem, accelerate reasonably quickly and give hushed cruising.

mine is an early V6 late 2005 also. (Dec 25th actually, although I don't know how they managed to register a car on that date)

God I hope not, imagine the mileage ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom