Whats an SLR TYPE

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by tudu, Aug 16, 2008.

1. tudu

tudu Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
    Hi, anyone help - whats an SLR type bluetooth cradle, and will it work with my iPhone? Thanks.

2. Diesel Benz

Diesel Benz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
  3. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
    Just for the full story (and to confuse matters a bit!), the North American version of the HF puck looks the same as the European SAP cradle, so if you read about SLR type cradle on US forums remember that.

The reason the Euro SAP cradle wont work with iPhone is that the iPhone doesnt support the Bluetooth profile called SAP

The iPhone V2 software and iPhone 3G actually dont download the phonebook into the HF puck ("HFP") at the moment (also BMW and other manafacturers kit as-well). I'm sure Apple will fix their phone software at some point.

The MBU-2000 (follow link above and look at other cradles) is not a MB product but does work with the new iPhone software / iPhone 3G - it is software upgradable (return to base though) and the manafacturer has brought out software for the cradle that works round the iPhone issues.

There is a MB specific iPhone cradle, which does download the phonebook and charges the iPhone. But it doesnt work in cars with D2B audio system (i.e pre mid 2004 build and W163 ML) as you get echo, and doesnt fit in A/B/CLS and possibly some others also - again pictures/details can be found by following the link above and browsing

Richard

4. OP
    OP
    tudu

tudu Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
    Reason i asked is that my C55 has SLR cradle. Will i be able to slot my HFP cradle straight into the socket and pair it up with my iphone, which i can still use as it is unlocked version and not been updated with latest software.

5. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
    Yes, then sell the other cradle on eBay

(all C55's are facelifted arent they ... i've assumed so) - since your HFP is already paired with the iPhone, you wont need to re-pair it !

R

6. jaymanek

jaymanek Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    Lots of Mercedes!
    thepartsguy had one for sale last week..

7. LOST

LOST New Member

Hi guys - I bought a SAP cradle for my CLS (uk) and it works fine with my Nokia N73 - but I cannot get it to work with my Samsung U600.

If I get rid of the SAP module and get the black HFP one, will my Samsung U600 work? or does anyone know of anyway to get the U600 to work in SAP mode (ie via 3rd party software/hack)?

thanks in advance

Tags: