What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know we're not in lockdown but things are still restricted work-wise; I haven't been to the office since March 10th 2020 and my employer is not pushing for a mass return for some months yet. They're also concerned about people burning out from being stuck at home so decided to give us pretty much every Friday afternoon off from May to September. Yey!

Needless to say this was extremely handy in terms of tacking various jobs round the house one of which was to finally (ie after 3 years....) sort the TV & sound system install in the master bedroom.

It was a real mess; I had just asked the electrician to route all the cables to one place and there they all were; a coax, a TV aerial cable, two satellite cables, L&R audio for the music + a sub cable and so on. On top of that I had a Chromecast dongle plugged into the back of the TV, a Chromecast Audio in the hifi and a pair of cabled Bose mini speakers for the TV - plus 5 x power cables. All of this plus the TV & Denon mini-system were crammed onto one shelf.

I set about sorting it all out by firstly stuffing any unused cables behind the fascia plate. I then cut a hold in the back of the unit and ran all the cabling needed for the hifi to the shelf above. I screwed and glued a strengthening plate to the back boar and attached the TV to it with a swivelling/tilting extending Sanus bracket. I bought a neat little Roku stream box to mount (a small soundbar) under the TV and velcro'd most of the power cable gubbins to the back of the TV.

Happy with the result. Extended and tucked away.

PS; yes I know I need a couple of cable clips on the bottom right to finish things but you've no idea how much better it looks.

View attachment 119163

View attachment 119164
Nice and tidy but all of this is in your bedroom??

Same here Mike. I use these for underneath wall units in kitchens (lighting)

But from Screwfix. 100 for £4.30inc vat.

Nice and tidy but all of this is in your bedroom??

LOL. It's only a dinky TV, a tiny sound bar and a very small mini sound system. I already had the majority of the kit and I'd had all the cabling and cabinet work done at the same time as the rest of the house - so it was really just a case of finishing it off.

The sound system gets used quite a lot for music & for radio. I've got some in-wall Monitor Audios and a sub tucked away out of site. The Mrs put her foot down on the size of the speakers so they're two way not the three way ones I'd originally specced. They're a bit light on mid range but, hey ho, they sit behind grills and are virtually invisible.

As I was clearing up yesterday I watched a bit of Rust Valley Restorers on the TV. Good picture & sound. We'll use it sometimes in the winter when we're watching a box set.

Also, when we sell this place, people seem to like TV's in bedrooms so it also ticks that box.

LOL. It's only a dinky TV, a tiny sound bar and a very small mini sound system. I had all the cabling and cabinet work done at the same time as the rest of the house - so it was really just a case of finishing it off.

The sound system gets used quite a lot for music & for radio. I've got some in-wall Monitor Audios and a sub tucked away out of site. The Mrs put her foot down on the size of the speakers so they're two way not the three way ones I'd originally specced. They're a bit light on mid range but, hey ho, they sit behind grills and are virtually invisible.

As I was clearing up yesterday I watched a bit of Rust Valley Restorers on the TV. Good picture & sound. We'll use it sometimes in the winter when we're watching a box set.

Also, when we sell this place, people seem to like TV's in bedrooms so it also ticks that box.
We haven’t got a tv in our bedroom although I do have a Sonos speaker on the window sill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom