What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's the Southern Equivalent of "Jimmy" :devil: :rolleyes:

It must be as you got the first name correct, not from Scotland though from NI.

Come to think of it I used to drink in a couple of pubs in Stockport that had a lot of Daves in them.

Last weekend took advantage of the family bubble. Loaded the bikes and drove down to Wiltshire. Love that part of the world.

I'm getting a "picture too big message" so can't post a picture. But it was only a picture of a Merc with bikes on the roof.

More to the point, seven of us cycled from Bradford on Avon to Bath and back. Great trip.

Next trip will be Norfolk.

The one after that will be La Vendee in France. GET. IN!!!!!

At the bottom of Winsley Hill headed for Bath, can't be sure if it's just before or after the railway bridge, turn left and a little way up is (was) a pub called The Hop Pole which was a regular watering hole for us when we lived in Winsley. Went in there some years ago and it was still as nice, hope it's still there!

Hop Pole, Limpley Stoke, recently showing as currently closed, new management, opening soon.

Last edited:
Wasnt sure where to put this, just wanted to share. I mentioned before about my interest in webcams around the world, I was watching one last night and they had the most amazing storm, managed to get a screen shot...

Attachments

• lightning (2).png
    lightning (2).png
    960.4 KB · Views: 11
Not me but in one of the next streets two houses next to each other installed 4 massive marquees out the back and had some sort of party or event last night with what sounded like live music!
Sounded like there were an awful lot of people there from the noise I heard.

I didn't know events like this were back on the cards in Scotland!

I finished building planters for the front of the house from sleepers before my week off in Norfolk.

Last weekend I cleared a load of junk out of the shed to make some space for the cat. He's one year old and has taken to staying out so I want to put a cat flap in the door and make a space for a basket or something.

When It cools down a bit I've got a TV mount to put up and some pictures.

Way too hot to do anything like that.

Meanwhile my wife's been working on the council to get the scrappy central reservation-thing in our cul-de-sac sorted.

Got some more work to do around the garden and at my mates house(s) so bought one of these.

Put it together and wacked down some stones I put at the rear garden.

20200828_110529.jpg

Is that not a bit over the top? Looks like a road menders tool,. Did you buy it or hire? And what price? I just bought an excellent power washer from Lidl £39 -99 German built with 3yr, guarantee. 👍

Is that not a bit over the top? Looks like a road menders tool,. Did you buy it or hire? And what price? I just bought an excellent power washer from Lidl £39 -99 German built with 3yr, guarantee. 👍

Of course it is over the top but it has an engine, 4 stroke at that.
£299 from Lidl, bit of a bargain, I reckon we can use it then sell it on when we are finished. ;)
This is the same, German company that makes the, and also the 3 year guarantee.

S'pose it'll make a good job, my neighbour has just hired a big roller to flatten his recently laid turf, It fills with water, weighs a ton, well not quite, lol, but paid £8 for the week end, plus a deposit in case he breaks it, no chance. With your Whacker it wouldn't take long, good luck! 👍

Doing 3 days a week at Covid-19 drop-in sites Preston, Burnley. Nelson etc.). Interesting but the demographic is a bit concerning - about 80% are over 60. The few younger people tend to be foreign students. Preston is sited on the flag market and I was a bit puzzled that even though I offered to let them jump the queue, no stallholders were interested. They are taking and handing back cash all day so could be prime candidates for infection both ways. Occurred to me though that they don't really want to know if they are infected as they would then need to isolate - and as a sole trader......... I See No Ships!

Well next Wednesday I shall be playing my first Care Home gig for six months, albeit outdoors, the weather forecast is for it to be dry ( I hope), now can I remember how to play :D

That's lovely, I'm sure the weather will be kind to you and they will enjoy it

Well next Wednesday I shall be playing my first Care Home gig for six months, albeit outdoors, the weather forecast is for it to be dry ( I hope), now can I remember how to play :D

Of course you can, it's like riding a bike or swimming.

I'm converting this
IMG_0192.JPG

to this
GettyImages-106404366-58104ef03df78c2c7365abee.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom