What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
O'm doing the same as usual, diddly squat! That said, I have just ordered a nice new television.😁

Sweeping and raking leaves from the patio and back lawn - our large oak tree is lovely except when it drops acorns and leaves at this time of year, one brown bin is never enough for a fortnight!

Sweeping and raking leaves from the patio and back lawn - our large oak tree is lovely except when it drops acorns and leaves at this time of year, one brown bin is never enough for a fortnight!
I have the same problem, I've filled the bin twice in recently weeks, purely with acorns and the tree is in my neighbours garden!

You really can't tell that there is a lockdown in London...its business as usual and the roads are as busy as ever !

Wondering why some towns and roads are as busy as ever, yet the M25 was quiet this morning, and a train from Brighton to London was as deserted as something out of Shaun of the Dead.

It's lockdown 2.0, definitely not Lockdown 1.1

Luckily I'm still working (just), had 6 months off in the first one :oops: . Lots of Covid-related issues to deal with but looking good so far....

Thought I might go for a game of golf with a couple of mates tomorrow and maybe a drive with the Mrs on Wednesday for a pub lunch.

Wondering why some towns and roads are as busy as ever, yet the M25 was quiet this morning, and a train from Brighton to London was as deserted as something out of Shaun of the Dead.

It's lockdown 2.0, definitely not Lockdown 1.1
Today I did the same journey at the same time as I did on Friday, so the following working day.

Morning rush hour on Friday was as normal as it has done for the the last few months. I’d estimated that there were 20% as many cars this morning. Staggering difference.

You really can't tell that there is a lockdown in London...its business as usual and the roads are as busy as ever !
It was quiet up around Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street. Kensington was also pretty quiet with High St Ken Stn being dead. The Ivy Brasserie was closed.
Hyde Park was rammed at 4pm. I rode rode it on a Boris bike!!

I bought a Stihl blower/vac the other day. It's great for dealing with the leaves.

Out of lockdown today but had a boiler service booked for 9.00am. 10.30 no show so called the company , sorry had a few emergencies this morning engineer will call with a time. 3.30 still no show but get call at 3.45 - on my way. Turns up at 4.15 , all done by 5.10 so might as well have had lockdown. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom