What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's going to be a lovely quiet Boxing Day this year. All those people who shop like crazy up to and including Christmas Eve and then get up early on Boxing Day to shop like crazy again ...will have to stay at home and continue to talk to their families...love it.

I can't imagine anything worse than shopping at this time of year. Or any time of year, for that matter.........

Sounds like the time my wife had her hip mecanno'd back together. For starters she elected to have epidural rather than general anaesthetic so was concious throughout, for second ours is a teaching hospital linked to University of Kent Canterbury so there were a lot of students in the theatre as well as the operation staff - I believe it was also being live streamed to a room next door where another bunch of students were watching! Funniest part though was the after effect of the epidural - when she came back from theatre - we were lucky, she was in a single room rather than a ward, I was there with daughter and SIL, Cora "talked for Ireland" non stop for an hour, daughter and I were in stitches, funniest thing in years.

Glad to read on the toher thread that it seems to have gone well Chris, and that the procedure was rather further up your body than what I imagined from the limited description you first gave:D:D:D

Well my log storage has come along nicely. The main one, now I've extended it, takes two builders bags of logs or one half crate. That's around 400kg. The two side ones about half that amount between them. Finished the last one a couple of weeks ago.

On Friday, I'm getting 400kg of oak delivered and am putting that in the main one. I'll use the side ones for ash & kindling.

Going forward, I'll be able to buy a mix of oak & ash in a 2:1 ratio and have created enough space for me to be able to buy in sufficient volumes to save a fair amount.

Took a while, but I got there in the end.

Yesterday I finished installing a new (to me) surround sound amp. I bought it s/h a couple of years ago as it was a cheap way (£300) to get an amp that originally sold for between £1000 and £1500. It didn't fit the space for which it was intended in the rear reception so I stuck it in the loft.

I remembered about at the weekend and asked my son if he'd help me fit it and set it up in the front room. After a lot of faffing about it's in and done. It was the top of that particular range in 2010. Compared to the previous one that retailed at £350-£500 max it sounds amazing. It's also very powerful at around 140 watts a channel. As I found out last night as I was trying to get some sleep and the kids were watching movies.......oh well :)

The new one is on the left. As you can see it's massive.....

Amps.jpg

Almost demolished part of the house, putting up a pull-up bar for my son. I thought an exterior wall would be strong enough, more fool me.
Once fixed to the wall, without a full load applied things started cracked and making all manner of worrying noises! Needless to say, it has now been taken back down!

Almost demolished part of the house, putting up a pull-up bar for my son. I thought an exterior wall would be strong enough, more fool me.
Once fixed to the wall, without a full load applied things started cracked and making all manner of worrying noises! Needless to say, it has now been taken back down!

Ouch.

I got one for my son which fits across the inside of a door frame. Doesn't even need screws.

Went to the shops today.
As I’m getting the trolley, I looked round and saw Mrs Ted talking very quietly to the guy next to the sanitising station.
Went past, guy smiled and nodded at me.
“What were you saying to him?” I said.
“Oh, he said we could only come in one at a time so I told him you had dementia and he said that was ok then.
Wondered why he looke at me a bit funny.

I’ve had a fair few cancellations lately due to folk not wanting me in their houses until lockdown has officially relaxed to I’m currently 3 days into our en-suite refurbishment. 🥳

I'm still waiting for an aerial installer to visit as I need him to get into our loft as well as getting to the aerial itself on the chimney - and he may also need to come into the house to see what happens when he changes something and we re-tune Freeview. Not a cat in hell's chance so far, despite the fact that we've been damned near 100% shielding since March, have had our first vaccine jabs and wife has even had a negative rapid flow test for going back to work at the nursery. Bloody annoying as TV reception for the footie is lousy in the dining room (as are all HD channels) although OK in the lounge - but herself has first dips on that TV of an evening!

I'm still waiting for an aerial installer to visit as I need him to get into our loft as well as getting to the aerial itself on the chimney - and he may also need to come into the house to see what happens when he changes something and we re-tune Freeview. Not a cat in hell's chance so far, despite the fact that we've been damned near 100% shielding since March, have had our first vaccine jabs and wife has even had a negative rapid flow test for going back to work at the nursery. Bloody annoying as TV reception for the footie is lousy in the dining room (as are all HD channels) although OK in the lounge - but herself has first dips on that TV of an evening!
Sky are still doing installs if you fancy getting satellite tv ;)

When delivering some emergency rations to my folks they gave me one of my Grandads old footballs from the 1950’s. So out came all my leather care stuff for the car and I’ve been “restoring” it. It was dry as anything so I’ve been feeding it. Would you believe the rubber Beretex bladder still had air in it, probably last inflated in the 1970’s!

It has caused my Wife much amusement as I declare at random points each evening that ”I’m off to anoint my ball!”

I think I've actually run out of things to do.

I hung my last TV the other weekend after having bought a swivelling wall mount for it about three years ago.......

The garden's planted, the three log stores are done, the planters are build out front, my TV's & sound systems are all done

At least I've finally got round to ordering a couple of Arnotts for the car that arrive tomorrow.

I’ve managed to get a new job.
Same firm but with a promotion to the HS2 West Ruislip site.

Excellent. After being put on a written warning last year by my old management, I've just been given a promotion and a retention bonus by the new lot.

I haven't changed what I'm doing one iota.

Life in a sales department - lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom