What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve just had confirmation that an extension I was due to start on 30th March has been cancelled. (It was a 18 week project).

So I’ll definitely be doing all the wee jobs at home that I’ve been ignoring for far too long. And will most certainly refit our en-suite. (All materials in storage).

With daughter off school and wife at home It’ll be nice being in our own little family bubble for the foreseeable future. :)

Round of applause for your wife. She deserves it.
Thanks! It’s pretty tough at the frontline right now!
Ironically - she has just finished her masters in Disaster Medicine from Novara University - near Milan!
She spent nearly two weeks there last June on an intense part of her course which included numerous exercises with the Italian army, hospitals and paramedics including a big major incident exercise near the end of the course in a big field hospital which was built in just a few days.
We then joined her for a weeks holiday in Milan - a place that looks so different today, without the crowds!

If you are really bored and talented you could try to build one of these....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are you being picky Mr Darrell? :)

Tell us what you’ll be doing if self isolating or if we’re forced into a lockdown.

Will you be on a Turbo trainer for example? Will you watch the tele? Play the banjo?

The scene in my village this morning.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The virus is kicking in in London. We're pretty much socially isolated now. Only really going out for exercise or picking essentials. If I have to go and get some planters from B&Q today that's pretty much the last thing I'll go out for. It looks like we're a week or so behind Paris which means the whole city is likely to get closed down very soon.

The people who have been ignoring the warnings have been spreading it. I'm trying very hard not to be one of them.
I’ve got to go to work tomorrow in London Wall.

My eldest son has an identical Jag to yours. I quite like it.
There are pretty decent cars, it’s never let us down and we’ve spent next to nothing on it.
The colour is very Marmite. Round our way it’s know as Jewish Racing Gold.

I’ve got to go to work tomorrow in London Wall.

Would they let you drive in or do you have to use public transport?

Over the last 24 hours I've heard of four people coming down with it. One friend in Queen's Park (her teenage daughter has been partying hard and ignoring all warnings), one of her neighbours and two of my QPR Whatsapp mates, one in Ealing the other further out along the A40. The Ealing bloke is in commercial construction so on the tube every day and meeting loads of people from all over, the other working in residential construction, again mixing with a lot of people.

Would they let you drive in or do you have to use public transport?

Over the last 24 hours I've heard of four people coming down with it. One friend in Queen's Park (her teenage daughter has been partying hard and ignoring all warnings), one of her neighbours and two of my QPR Whatsapp mates, one in Ealing the other further out along the A40. The Ealing bloke is in commercial construction so on the tube every day and meeting loads of people from all over, the other working in residential construction, again mixing with a lot of people.
I’m going to cycle in to minimise the risk. It’s 18km each way.
Skanska have told me that they’ll close only if they are told to by the Government. Until then it’s business as normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom