What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
Luckily during the week I can work from home - there's much less to do but at least it staves off the boredom. The weekends, however, are more of a challenge.

I'll get round to cleaning & polishing the cars soon but first, i'm blitzing the garden. I want to it look its best so when the real lockdown happens it'll be a nicer place to sit.

Two weeks ago I picked up 6 x clematis climbers. Fast growing to go alongside all the jasmine climbers I put in last year. Last week I picked up 3 x cyanothus's to fill some of the gaps/hid the fence. That finishes off the LHS and rear borders for now.

The blankest area is the RH fence which is very bare so yesterday I ordered 2 x mature camelias and 2 x mature climbing hydrangeas + some fixing kits which involve nylon lines & metal fixings. Need to start drilling. And I ordered a large (3m) photinia to provide some more screeing at the rear of the garden. I'm hoping that lot gets delivered next week - if not I may have to run a last-minute trip to Denham so I can at least get the climbers

I've given the lawn 3 light cuts in the last week to get it back in shape and need to aerate it and feed it.

Today I'm looking at some raised borders/planters for a small herb patch.

That should keep me out of trouble for a while. And I finish all that lot I'll reorganise my increasingly-chaotic shed.

What are you lot up to?

Trying, very unsuccessfully, to talk to both daughters simultaneously via either WhatsApp, FaceTime or Skype

We have a one acre garden and the pastv days have been wonderful for doing all those spring jobs. We are also in phase 3 of house renovations...so taking down a 18 inch thick 1.5 storey stone wall in the house has been progressing nicely. It's hard to get labourers at any time to do a job like this...impossible when the first three days were during a period of self isolation ( now cleared by test).

What lock-down?

Certain businesses have been ordered to close and some have closed of their own choice.
The Govt want us to lock down...and will mandate it if people don't wise up. We are at exactly the same place Italy was after the first 14 days...233 deaths. Unfortunately if we continue to mirror Italy then 133 people may die in the UK today.

Gardening, walking the dogs, shopping, cleaning the cars, reading, posting on here, bit of housework, so all the usual retired persons stuff.
Will still be able to do all those if there is a lockdown.

I might even pay a visit to the Welsh mountains, if there is any space left up there.

The Govt want us to lock down...and will mandate it if people don't wise up. We are at exactly the same place Italy was after the first 14 days...233 deaths. Unfortunately if we continue to mirror Italy then 133 people may die in the UK today.
So there is no lock-down then.

Binge-watched Line of Duty series 3 yesterday,
Have been building a website for the trip we took to Costa Rica in early January which is still very much a work in progress.
Learning some new and working on current songs for the band (if we ever get to be a band...),
Odd jobs around the house,
Gardening,
May go for a walk later while that's still allowed or go for top-down drive out with the MX-5.

Taking it easy over the weekend.

Last week was manic, next week looks like it will be the same again.

Getting all of our customers to work remotely... and all need to be set up at the same time....

I think that IT will be the next busiest sector in the coming weeks, after NHS and food distribution.

Well i'm working at the moment, and given i work in the oil industry (service company) in sales i don't think i'm going to have much down time if any as we are going to need every bit of work we can get our hands on! Though at least i can work form home, and most of my clients can as well. We have an issue if the Lab is forced to close however.

But any spare time will be spent in the garden catching up on some tidying. Then as a keen cyclist i can either go on Zwift in the shed (virtual cycling training/racing platform) or out on the road/trails, keeping far from people of course. There will also be some trips to the parents and parents in law to keep them topped up with whatever they need. Dropping stuff on their drive of course, with a wave through the window!

I walked around the house and garden with a clipboard yesterday and noted every job that needs doing.

Today I’m now matching up what material and tools I have in hand to work with before putting a home delivery order in to Screwfix.

But yeah, basically gardening, external decorating & deep cleaning the cars.

I’m going to SORN the E220 and E500 at the end of the month and just use the Polo. I can’t see us going anywhere for a while.

Hi,
Son started his remote school learning today - following early two weeks Easter holiday.
Was fun helping him with Physics GCSE - I was a bit rusty on electrical power and energy!
Cooked bacon sarnies for lunch then we both went for a walk around our compound village - nobody else around, so no need to practice social distancing!
We have three communal pools - but they were all closed down yesterday.
Just got back home to relax - waiting for wife to get back from her very hectic shift as A&E consultant!
Will cook her a nice roast tonight and son is now making her a homemade Mother’s Day card with an IOU inside - for when we can take her out for a meal safely.
Cheers
Steve

What lock-down?

Certain businesses have been ordered to close and some have closed of their own choice.

The virus is kicking in in London. We're pretty much socially isolated now. Only really going out for exercise or picking essentials. If I have to go and get some planters from B&Q today that's pretty much the last thing I'll go out for. It looks like we're a week or so behind Paris which means the whole city is likely to get closed down very soon.

The people who have been ignoring the warnings have been spreading it. I'm trying very hard not to be one of them.

Hi,
Son started his remote school learning today - following early two weeks Easter holiday.
Was fun helping him with Physics GCSE - I was a bit rusty on electrical power and energy!
Cooked bacon sarnies for lunch then we both went for a walk around our compound village - nobody else around, so no need to practice social distancing!
We have three communal pools - but they were all closed down yesterday.
Just got back home to relax - waiting for wife to get back from her very hectic shift as A&E consultant!
Will cook her a nice roast tonight and son is now making her a homemade Mother’s Day card with an IOU inside - for when we can take her out for a meal safely.
Cheers
Steve

Round of applause for your wife. She deserves it.

Tbh we are all staying away from shops infact anywhere where there’s other people. I’ve swapped the wheels to the summer set on the car, May end having two wks under it detailing the underside haha .

Last edited:
So there is no lock-down then.

Are you being picky Mr Darrell? :)

Tell us what you’ll be doing if self isolating or if we’re forced into a lockdown.

Will you be on a Turbo trainer for example? Will you watch the tele? Play the banjo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom