What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yikes, please don't use power washer for conservatory roof (unless you can do so from a bedroom window) They're not designed for a jet water being pushed up-the-way. :eek:
Don't worry , it is a lean to design with a sloping roof. I have a flat roof at the side which is higher, no problem at all, but thanks for the heads up :rolleyes:

Good grief I’m bored out of my mind - I was jet washing my patio under floodlight last night - and if this is what retirement is like, lord take me now!
I don’t know how serious you were in posting this, but I’ve been retired for nearly 4 years now, and never been happier.

But TBH, before I retired, I was not looking forward to it at all, in fact I delayed it for several years. I thought at best I would turn into a lazy couch potato, and that was the last thing I should do (and it probably would have been!!)

However, the current situation, to me, is totally different. I can’t now go to the charity I volunteer at, can’t rehearse/jam with the bands I’m in, can’t go to church activities, can’t go out in the JZR, etc, all things I enjoy doing in retirement.

What I’m saying is, if you don’t want it to be,

THE CURRENT LOCKDOWN IS NOTHING LIKE RETIREMENT!!

Skip outside in the driveway, in the garden tearing down an old wooden shed already for a nice metal shed making the most of the nice sunny weather and because we are all stuck indoors :wallbash:

Sitting in the bath listening to some very early Bowie.

I got up, had a bath, some toast, looked out window, waved to postman (me and wife), had some lunch, now laying on bed feeling absolutely knackered, I'm not kidding my eyes are struggling to stay open.

I got up, had a bath, some toast, looked out window, waved to postman (me and wife), had some lunch, now laying on bed feeling absolutely knackered, I'm not kidding my eyes are struggling to stay open.

Postman managing to stay awake? :)

I'm doing office work, it's honestly more tiring than the physical work I usually do!!! What's that all about?

Checking in with webcams I follow around the world, and in Cornwall, there was this guy sweeping the street! Essential work?

20200326_150025.jpg

My work place is business as usual. 2 shifts.

quite often cycle past the Hogs Back Brewery. Shame they sold a big chunk of their hop fields to a housing developer. Saying that, they might not have been the landowner I guess.
I've had a few bevvies there. It's so difficult to decide which brew I prefer, so I had to try again …. and agane…. and aggin. But I refused to try their A over T whilst there. The Hogs Back has claimed far better drivers than me.

Cleaning patios and decking, bringing garden furniture out of the garage and setting up nicely in the sunshine. Problem is no-one will visit to share. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom