What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, Ryobi have really improved since first entering the power tool market. They’ve addressed the cost issue that most manufacturers exploit. I do think the big 3 will be looking over their shoulder at them. The only thing that puts me off Ryobi is the quality of the batteries. But they are getting better through time.

What I will say is the after-sales service from Makita UK is exceptional. As an example I have an 18v Brushless SDS drill that had a faulty trigger. Around 6 years old, worked very hard and obviously out of warranty. I emailed them to enquire about repair costs (so I could compare against buying a new one) and they said to post it to them and they’d quote for repair.

I sent it down and received it back the very same week repaired & serviced FOC. Apparently it was a fault on the circuit board.

So, that service alone will keep me buying Makita tools in the future.

It's been my experience over the years that Makita are the #1 for power tools with Bosch and DeWalt closely behind. Hitachi are OK for 110v skillsaws.

I still have a Bridges 220/240v drill that refuses to die. Must be 50 years old after being passed down by my Dad in the 60's

I've used my SIL's 18v Makita combi drill, IMHO my Metabo 18v combi is a better tool - and since buying it I've found my Metabo 10.8v combi drill is man enough for virtually anything I need a cordless drill for - I recently had to lend my Metabo 18v stuff to SIL for about 4 months as he needed the multitool, which I bought as a bare unit. I did not miss thaving the 18v combi available at all!

I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home and have been for the past two weeks. We have shut our retail stores and have a skeleton crew working in our warehouse ot feed our eCommerce sites. Thankfully no one has been furloughed.

Finished jet washing the patio and back and side paths today, now I'm knackered. So that 's my exercise bit done. Need to visit the Hospital on Monday to pick the wife's injections.

The boredom of self isolation...

Did you know that if you rest one of your testicles on top of an empty beer bottle and hold a flame at the base, eventually it gets sucked inside.

If you've done this and know how to get it out, message me please.

Urgently!

:D:D:D

Did you know that if you rest one of your testicles on top of an empty beer bottle and hold a flame at the base, eventually it gets sucked inside.

Urgently!

Ice!

You know what happens in the cold.

Urgently!

Shamelessly stolen!

63FDE7D6-87E1-4E3A-A542-C5971EE9A541.jpeg We’ve been binge watching Shameless. Forgotten how awesome it was. Reminds me of my roots back in MancLand.

‘Scat-or’!

Yeah, Ryobi have really improved since first entering the power tool market. They’ve addressed the cost issue that most manufacturers exploit. I do think the big 3 will be looking over their shoulder at them. The only thing that puts me off Ryobi is the quality of the batteries. But they are getting better through time.

What I will say is the after-sales service from Makita UK is exceptional. As an example I have an 18v Brushless SDS drill that had a faulty trigger. Around 6 years old, worked very hard and obviously out of warranty. I emailed them to enquire about repair costs (so I could compare against buying a new one) and they said to post it to them and they’d quote for repair.

I sent it down and received it back the very same week repaired & serviced FOC. Apparently it was a fault on the circuit board.

So, that service alone will keep me buying Makita tools in the future.
I have four of the 4.0 Ah batteries , two came with the first drill , and I bought the other two later . Don't use them constantly , but I do odd jobs at work and use them at home ; no issues so far , over I guess maybe five years since I bought the first one .

....Don't use them constantly , but I do odd jobs at work and use them at home....

And that’s my point. All mine get used all day everyday. (Not currently obviously. :))

As posted in the your day in 3 words.... I'm going to be doing circuits daily if anyone wanted to join in.... Here's my work out thoughts so far.

Daily circuit
1. Push ups - 5x10
2. Wheel - 5x10
3. Dumbells - 5x10
4. Squats - 5x10
5. Pull ups - as many as possible
6. Kettlebells - full work out tbc see attached
7. Stretch band - 5x10

Every 2nd day
1. Running machine - get up to an hour
2. Turbo trainer - an hour
View attachment 93786
db093c85dcd673403f27e6e07525a518.jpg

I'm sure it will get tweaked as I go.

It's been my experience over the years that Makita are the #1 for power tools with Bosch and DeWalt closely behind. Hitachi are OK for 110v skillsaws.

I still have a Bridges 220/240v drill that refuses to die. Must be 50 years old after being passed down by my Dad in the 60's
Just had a root around in the garage and found the larger of the two Wolf drills ; the other one will be somewhere . Also found an old Black & Decker that must date from the 70s .

image20.jpeg

As posted in the your day in 3 words.... I'm going to be doing circuits daily if anyone wanted to join in.... Here's my work out thoughts so far.

Daily circuit
1. Push ups - 5x10
2. Wheel - 5x10
3. Dumbells - 5x10
4. Squats - 5x10
5. Pull ups - as many as possible
6. Kettlebells - full work out tbc see attached
7. Stretch band - 5x10

Every 2nd day
1. Running machine - get up to an hour
2. Turbo trainer - an hour
I'm sure it will get tweaked as I go.

Knackered now - and I have only read it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom