What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yikes. That soup is 3 days late!!!

Exactly yes, it's all about not peaking too early at the moment, a little bit at a time so we have things to do.
Sadly I forgot that on Friday night with the Guinness so was a little delicate yesterday, felling great now, back on Guinness with our Sunday club. :)

Been working hard getting B&Q ready for the re-opening and the onslaught of all the pent up DIY purchases ... (I've even got my personalised travel permit, should the Police stop me) No idea when that reopening may be though but been enjoying the peace and quiet and being able to get on with jobs usually interrupted/disrupted by customers!
Huge numbers of Click & Collects going out, even though restricted to "essential" products only (approx 7000 lines, down from 50+ thousand!)
Still turning away numerous cars full of customers expecting to browse the store...

Been working hard getting B&Q ready for the re-opening and the onslaught of all the pent up DIY purchases ... (I've even got my personalised travel permit, should the Police stop me) No idea when that reopening may be though but been enjoying the peace and quiet and being able to get on with jobs usually interrupted/disrupted by customers!
Huge numbers of Click & Collects going out, even though restricted to "essential" products only (approx 7000 lines, down from 50+ thousand!)
Still turning away numerous cars full of customers expecting to browse the store...

Will I be able to buy paint? Must confess part of me hopes the answer is no....... ;)

I think your hopes will be answered. I need more white spirit but don't know where to get it now.
Ah well, petrol put by for the lawnmower it is then:)

Will I be able to buy paint? Must confess part of me hopes the answer is no....... ;)

Fitted Maypole permanent connector and tried the charger - works fine :)

Did something similar with the battery condition tester I bought from Aldi a couple of weeks ago and saw the benefit today, car has had 4 runs (7 starts) totalling 20 miles since new battery fitted last Sunday, and when I got home from a 4 mile each way run today the condition tester gave a couple of flashes of the 50% charged light before returning to the fully charged light - so out came the SIP Chargestar Smart 18 Automatic charger I bought last week as my previous one had cratered, it drops into maintenance mode once battery is fully charged so acts as a conditioner as well as an up to 12 amp charger, does gel, wet and AGM batteries, £50 delivered from Toolstation.

Reactions: GLK
I'm afraid there's no magic there - still need an extension cable to go into the car, but it's lot quieter here, than in London ;)

I've got the outside socket. The problem is that Amazon are saying the delivery time is at least 4 weeks out.

Although I suppose I might as well order one.

Did a few mods to the car....
9fa970c697507d845329f808bf993c07.jpg

I've got the outside socket. The problem is that Amazon are saying the delivery time is at least 4 weeks out.

Although I suppose I might as well order one.

Have a look on Toolstation at a SIP Chargestar Smart 18 Automatic, OK it's £50 delivered but it's a smart charger that does gel,AGM and wet batteries, 3 stage charging - bulk until battery is 70%, then absorbtion to 90% then maintenance 90-100% so is effectivly a conditioner. I ordered late Friday afternoon and received it Monday via Parcelforce, could have paid an extra £5 for Saturday delivery.

Have a look on Toolstation at a SIP Chargestar Smart 18 Automatic, OK it's £50 delivered but it's a smart charger that does gel,AGM and wet batteries, 3 stage charging - bulk until battery is 70%, then absorbtion to 90% then maintenance 90-100% so is effectivly a conditioner. I ordered late Friday afternoon and received it Monday via Parcelforce, could have paid an extra £5 for Saturday delivery.

Good tip, thanks.

Some questions; Do any of your cars have the battery in the engine compartment? And if so do you stick the charger in there and close the bonnet?

Managed to grab a random supermarket delivery for tomorrow at 3.00. Quick! Fill it out!!

Went downstairs to ask the Mrs what she wanted. "Can't you see I'm hoovering?" she says. I start filling it in as fast as I can and eventually, and in a very grumpy manner, she comes over, takes the laptop over and starts typing.

I've already put the red wine, tonic, breakfast cereals, dishwasher salt & limescale remover in (ie all the stuff that I know we're running out of) and leave her to it.

Then her phone rings. "Blah blah blah blag blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blag blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blag blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blag blah blah blah".

The computer shuts down, she doesn't know my password. By the time I get down and turn it back on the slot's gone, the session's gone and the site has been shut down. Try again tomorrow, says the message.

Who, I ask, called and why was that call so important. "I don't know who it was. It was a wrong number."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhh!!

:)

Footnote. It turns out that my Mrs did know other person. She was a friend who moved out of London a decade or so ago. She'd called my wife by mistake but they then had a long, gassy catchup.

Oh well, at least I know I have an account with Ocado and can use it. I'd completely forgotten I had one, tbh.

Last edited:
Good tip, thanks.

Some questions; Do any of your cars have the battery in the engine compartment? And if so do you stick the charger in there and close the bonnet?

The SLK battery is under the bonnet, I can't close the bonnet over the wires (all sharp edges, no soft rubber seals for the wires) so I have to leave the bonnet up, but that's in a locked garage and the car is locked, so not a problem. Fortunately the S204 battery is in the boot under the floor (car lives on our front driveway), and the tailgate will close over the cable of my extension reel (nice big rubber seal around the tailgate) so I can rig the charger or conditioner and close the tailgate (and lock the car) when needed.

The SLK battery is under the bonnet, I can't close the bonnet over the wires (all sharp edges, no soft rubber seals for the wires) so I have to leave the bonnet up, but that's in a locked garage and the car is locked, so not a problem. Fortunately the S204 battery is in the boot under the floor (car lives on our front driveway), and the tailgate will close over the cable of my extension reel (nice big rubber seal around the tailgate) so I can rig the charger or conditioner and close the tailgate (and lock the car) when needed.

Yeah my 211 had a battery in the boot which would have been ideal. It's under the bonnet on the 212 though. I do have a drive, though, so I could hook it up once in a while to give it a boost.

Would it make sense to use it, say, once every couple of weeks for a few hours like that?

Mrs W-Q just finished baking this Dutch Apple Pie. Bang goes the diet.

View attachment 93866
In the last couple of says, Mrs ted has made a Rhubarb crumble (our own rhubarb), Lemon drizzle cake, sponge cake, some sort of apple pie, two cottage pies and soup from the mince etc left over from the cottage pie.
And I’m a bloody diabetic!!

she has also done a brilliant job on the garden.

I have reciprocated by cleaning/polishing/waxing both cars,(not up to her standard) preparing the bike for mot and cleaning it to within an inch of it’s life, up to her standard) building a new chicken run (not up to her standard) fabricating a door opening system for the chickens (not up to her standard) tidying the garage (not up to her standard) and generally doing various jobs as instructed (not up to her standard).

In the last couple of says, Mrs ted has made a Rhubarb crumble (our own rhubarb), Lemon drizzle cake, sponge cake, some sort of apple pie, two cottage pies and soup from the mince etc left over from the cottage pie.
And I’m a bloody diabetic!!

Naughty boy :)
I can find a home for those goodies if it gets too much for you ;););););)

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom