What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just had a BBQ, nothing spectacular in that as I would cook my Xmas Turkey on it if I was allowed!:rolleyes:

Just sitting here watching the Charcoal Embers and a thought entered my head (rare occasion)

So I used the remaining Embers to Cook Tomorrows Porridge, now you are probably thinking, "So What" But on tasting it, it's absolutely gorgeous! :D:banana:

go onnnnn. Get the marshmallows out too. :)

Let's hope as the roots die off your house doesn't subside!

Quite. I once owned a house where trees had quite badly affected things for the previous owner & several neighbours. I

t all worked out fine in the end but it left an impression on me.

I don't actually think my current neighbour was actually trying to annoy me - I think that she genuinely didn't get it. As I didn't until I went through the whole process......

Stop it, you’ll have him moaning again :rolleyes:.

:p

No way. I am over the moon! I HATE having disputes with neighbours. It's so wrong. You need to be looking after each other. This whole thing hasn't sat at all well with me and I'm genuinely delighted I can finally draw a line under it.

What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Watching Chitty, Chitty, Bang Bang.

I'm a homebird anyway.Do some reluctant shopping, about every 2 weeks.4 kids at home (well 3 are adults) - but they prefer the indoors anyway.So actually very little has changed- although my 2 sisters and brother all live a five min walk away - and he haven't visited each other for a month

Banana injected with rum and stuffed with 80% choc nibs placed on the dying embers. You can thank me later!
Never thought of the injecting part (although was injecting marinade into meat in the late 70s).

I was due to go to the barber a couple of weeks before the lockdown started but for a number of reasons I didn’t make it. As a result, my hair looked more like Don King’s hair than Don King’s hair does.

Now I’ve known my wife since she was 11 years old, so I can be confident that she’s never been trained to cut hair, but I let her loose on it on the basis that it already looked ridiculous.

She only did a cracking job of it, as good as the barber. I’m astounded, and delighted in equal message. Now I’m torn, do I save £25 every month haircuts or do I continue to support a local business and have a great time whilst there.

For now, I’m just glad I don’t look so much like Don King.

I was due to go to the barber a couple of weeks before the lockdown started but for a number of reasons I didn’t make it. As a result, my hair looked more like Don King’s hair than Don King’s hair does.

Now I’ve known my wife since she was 11 years old, so I can be confident that she’s never been trained to cut hair, but I let her loose on it on the basis that it already looked ridiculous.

She only did a cracking job of it, as good as the barber. I’m astounded, and delighted in equal message. Now I’m torn, do I save £25 every month haircuts or do I continue to support a local business and have a great time whilst there.

For now, I’m just glad I don’t look so much like Don King.

We demand before n after pics.

More alarmed you spend £25pm on ya bonce. Are you David Ginola??? Are you worth it?

Watching Skyfall on blue ray whilst drinking a drop of Glenlivet...

One of my favourite films, one of my favourite whiskys.

Just sitting here watching the Charcoal Embers

That to me was always a problem with charcoal BBQ's - the fire was at its cooking best after you'd sat down to eat, and continued that way unused for some considerable time! I took a lot of convincing to switch to gas (many years ago now!!), but would now not go back. Turn it on at low, go for shower, come down and it's ready for clean-off and cook, do the cooking and turn off, no stress, no messy hands or smoking out the neighbours with the vapours of newspaper, fire lighter fluid or starting charcoal even with a fire starter chimney). Equally, add smoke chip box - and even better, back burner for rotisserie, far better than trying to rotisserie with heat from below.

We demand before n after pics.

More alarmed you spend £25pm on ya bonce. Are you David Ginola??? Are you worth it?
I’m definitely not worth it! I think it’s £20 these days for both my son and I, but I give them a fiver tip, so not as bad as it sounds.

That said I used to go to a “hairdresser” (Eddie) who charged £52 back in 2005-ish - it tripled in just a couple of years. When my wife started going I soon stopped and went to a proper barber instead.

Since then I still take my wife to Eddie’s so I can drink his coffee and eat his Biscoff biscuits - in fact I take the kids too, so I can maximise value for money! I don’t let the kids drink for 24h beforehand, so they drink more.

That to me was always a problem with charcoal BBQ's - the fire was at its cooking best after you'd sat down to eat, and continued that way unused for some considerable time! I took a lot of convincing to switch to gas (many years ago now!!), but would now not go back. Turn it on at low, go for shower, come down and it's ready for clean-off and cook, do the cooking and turn off, no stress, no messy hands or smoking out the neighbours with the vapours of newspaper, fire lighter fluid or starting charcoal even with a fire starter chimney). Equally, add smoke chip box - and even better, back burner for rotisserie, far better than trying to rotisserie with heat from below.

Gas BBQ??? Never ever. I’ve reported your post. Hope you get banned. :ban:

....Since then I still take my wife to Eddie’s so I can drink his coffee and eat his Biscoff biscuits - in fact I take the kids too, so I can maximise value for money! I don’t let the kids drink for 24h beforehand, so they drink more.

You Scottish or a Yorkshire man?

Similar here, hair is now a bit long and I've been threatening to buy some clippers but wife says no chance.

My barber sent out text messages this week saying he will open "a couple of mornings a week for appointments only"!
Needless ot say I will not be taking him up on that.

Now I’m torn, do I save £25 every month haircuts or do I continue to support a local business and have a great time whilst there.

I thought i was expensive at £10 inc. tip. :)

We ordered 5 Pizzas tonight and they are doing this contactless delivery now.
Driver left them on the doorstep and rang the bell but he had stood them on their end.
When I opened the door I knocked one and this knocked them all over.

Wont be ordering from Dominos again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom