What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I may never pay for a haircut again.
I said the same 10 years ago when I first bought the clippers, I have come to enjoy the visits to my barber, she does a better job and is full of village gossip.

What am I doing in the lockdown? Very little; two days after it began, I had a trapped nerve in my back. I'm doped up to the eyeballs, but still it hurts, and I manage to get exercise only so I can walk my dog. On the other hand, the drugs make me so sleepy, I can drop off without trying pretty much any time of the day, and time passes quickly when you're asleep...;)

What am I doing in the lockdown? Very little; two days after it began, I had a trapped nerve in my back. I'm doped up to the eyeballs, but still it hurts, and I manage to get exercise only so I can walk my dog. On the other hand, the drugs make me so sleepy, I can drop off without trying pretty much any time of the day, and time passes quickly when you're asleep...;)

That sounds proper nasty. Hope your plight improves soon.

God that sounds nasty, get better soon.

Hope you feel better soon, best wishes.

Yikes. Back issues are awful. Hope things improve soon for you my man. :thumb:

It's Friday and I'm :)

I've just been told "no curry tonight", apparently due to some sort of expanding waist line. :(

We are to have a healthy meal tonight.

Painting the garage floor, it’s been hammered over the 25 years it’s been up, this is the third time, strangely it’s getting harder each time. Non of the previous very expensive paint has stood up to the misuse it’s had so I need some heavy duty moveable mats (any advice appreciated).
It’s 50m2 and doubles as a soccer pitch in bad weather, hence whatever I put down can’t be permanent.

Thank you one and all. I'll live, but it's very frustrating, because I'm on a three-month furlough because of my age, and the unexpected free time is wasted because I can't get at the garden.:mad:

Trust me - we're all suffering frustrations. You are just unfortunate in having a side order of pain.

Painting the garage floor, it’s been hammered over the 25 years it’s been up, this is the third time, strangely it’s getting harder each time. Non of the previous very expensive paint has stood up to the misuse it’s had so I need some heavy duty moveable mats (any advice appreciated).
It’s 50m2 and doubles as a soccer pitch in bad weather, hence whatever I put down can’t be permanent.

I have just done a little research on rubber mats, I'd had some previous experience of using rubber floor mats for horse stables. I have a 30sq.m. garage with concrete floor which is having increasing amounts of dirt trodden into it. I looked at expensive paint which would cost £200+ then compared it with 6ft x 4 ft x 10mm mats. which worked out at about £400 from :
Their
Stable Saver Economy Rubber Studded Stable Mats-Black-10mm-1.2m-1.8m
look like the best value

I said the same 10 years ago when I first bought the clippers, I have come to enjoy the visits to my barber, she does a better job and is full of village gossip.

And some free ear warmers into the bargain?

She is a larger lady and she can drink me under the table.

I saw her in the pub one night, 3 sheets to the wind, she shouted across the room 'hope your not in for a cut tomorrow, I'm gonna be a bit shaky'.
Mmmm - quality...

I have just done a little research on rubber mats, I'd had some previous experience of using rubber floor mats for horse stables. I have a 30sq.m. garage with concrete floor which is having increasing amounts of dirt trodden into it. I looked at expensive paint which would cost £200+ then compared it with 6ft x 4 ft x 10mm mats. which worked out at about £400 from :
Their
Stable Saver Economy Rubber Studded Stable Mats-Black-10mm-1.2m-1.8m
look like the best value
Thank you v6, that’s a good lead.

Main job - Painting the "Shed". Very fortunate in getting 5L of the grey (Sadolin Superdeck) just after the lockdown and managed to source 1l of white Superdec last week.
I last painted it, after building it, about 7 years ago with 3 coats of Superdeck and really only repainted it because we wanted a change of colour. The Sadolin Superdeck is expensive , circa £20 per litre , but one side of the shed gets hammered by the wind and rain and the original cream paint was virtually as new.IMG_1346A.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom