What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
LOL. That reminds me; one of my former banking customers is now the company secretary of Dumfries & Galloway Aviation Museum. Must give him a nudge on Linkedin.

Update. He's locked down at home in Edinburgh so he's been building a bar in his back garden. LOL.

@John N

Cleared Out Loft:

empty boxes. Xbox, Wii, kettle (x2) old toys, old stuff, old tools, empty boxes, old curtains, old pillows, old unused ornaments, old CD’s, old videos, empty boxes, old sleeping bags, old books, old books, old DVD’s, old boxes, the list goes on. Basically 30 years of accumulated rubbish in loft/dumping ground. Not sure why we do this. As an example why did we keep not one, but two empty cardboard boxes from electric Kettles???

either way. Very therapeutic today. Loft cleared. Ready for another 30 years of tat.:)

@John N

Cleared Out Loft:

empty boxes. Xbox, Wii, kettle (x2) old toys, old stuff, old tools, empty boxes, old curtains, old pillows, old unused ornaments, old CD’s, old videos, empty boxes, old sleeping bags, old books, old books, old DVD’s, old boxes, the list goes on. Basically 30 years of accumulated rubbish in loft/dumping ground. Not sure why we do this. As an example why did we keep not one, but two empty cardboard boxes from electric Kettles???

either way. Very therapeutic today. Loft cleared. Ready for another 30 years of tat.:)
Sounds like a job well done.

One of our lofts has two rolls of carpet and another has a wardrobe (disassembled). They were there when we moved in 18 years ago, and still there now!

Sounds like a job well done. One of our lofts has two rolls of carpet and the other has a wardrobe (disassembled). They were there when we moved in 18 years ago, and still there now!

in the words of Jim Royle: “you laaaaaazy little get!!!!!!”

After shovelling shit (literally) on Friday night & Saturday and sorting a few more gardening things on Sunday, yesterday I managed to do ZERO gardening.

Instead I want on an amazing 22 mile bike trip with my son round London in the morning and lay on my new sunlounger in the afternoon.

Lloyds.jpg

I've always loved the Lloyds building. Used to drive there on Sundays in my Alfa 33 to show visitors. These days it's almost completely hemmed in but still amazing.

Lloyds 2.jpg

I used to drive past there alot when I worked in the city, amazing building, probably changed a bit since I was there, will be nearly 35 years ago!

Load of amazing buildings there now.....

Weird to see it all deserted!!!

I used to drive past there alot when I worked in the city, amazing building, probably changed a bit since I was there, will be nearly 35 years ago!

I didn't know you'd worked in the city - but I ca assure the Llloyds building looks as amazing as ever.

When I first arrived in London I used to drive over from west London to see the amazing construction site that was Canary Wharf (I'm talking late 80's) and, on the way back, swing by the Lloyds building.

It still looks exactly the same but it took me a while to find it again when my office recently changed to Fenchurch St. It's now alsmot completely surrounded by newer taller buildings.

Load of amazing buildings there now.....

Weird to see it all deserted!!!

It remind a bit of the crash in the early 90's. Canary Wharf was part-built and the owner went bust. There were finished but empty buildings with filthy windows and weeds growing round the outside.

In parts, yesterday was a bit like that. I noticed the back of one or two of the buildings were filthy. I guess there's no point in the landlords paying for cleaning the windows if they're unoccupied,

I didn't know you'd worked in the city - but I ca assure the Llloyds building looks as amazing as ever.

I worked nr Moorgate for a few years before I had my boys then returning to work, I was in the Minories just round from Fenchurch Street

Commercial property is going to suffer hugely. There is so much new capacity coming on stream in the City and Canary Wharf .. just as demand plummets as companies realise the cost benefits of home working.

AF4C8267-6E5C-4208-A6E3-157E4C07A013.jpeg
18DFFC43-2463-4E72-AAFB-B727E60C47C8.jpeg

When I first arrived in London I used to drive over from west London to see the amazing construction site that was Canary Wharf (I'm talking late 80's) and, on the way back, swing by the Lloyds building.

It still looks exactly the same but it took me a while to find it again when my office recently changed to Fenchurch St. It's now almost completely surrounded by newer taller buildings.

Your photos bring back memories when I worked in London (around March 2020 :D )

Weirdly enough my office is on Fenchurch Street also !

Will that improve the service in the Virtual Pub - quicker responses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom