What's everyone doing in the lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wallingford is nice. One of my friends moved there a few years ago. Loved it there.

It's a great little town surrounded by beautiful countryside. The in-laws moved to a retirement flat there last year.

Currently enjoying an outdoor concert performed by one of our neighbours.

This is the third week Roy and his “band” has lifted our spirits with his music & singing.

Roy played in one of the support bands for ELO back in the day.

Even from across the road it sounds great and all the neighbours seem to agree.

Yesterday I figured out that I could fit 3 bikes and 2 passengers in the car (rather than fit the roof bar bike racks). Did some research, chose National Cycle Route 6 and drove 40 mins to the Aquadrome in Rickmansdwoth. Parked, put the bikes together and set off cross country to Watford. Kind of got lost in Watford, gave up and turned round to head back. It was fun; mainly canals & a disused railway.

Next time will tackle the Watford to St Albans section. And will also get a print copy of the book - would make it easier.

Woke with a very soar head.

Couldn't post in the dinner thread as we sat outside all afternoon drinking beer, wine and gin. Dinner got forgot about.

Jamned a bit with one of the lads.

Dropped a trusty old Tanglewood guitar and cracked the neck that same lad cracked when he was a toddler by sitting on it.

Have to find a good guitar mender to fix neck now.

Woke with a very soar head.

Couldn't post in the dinner thread as we sat outside all afternoon drinking beer, wine and gin. Dinner got forgot about.

Jamned a bit with one of the lads.

Dropped a trusty old Tanglewood guitar and cracked the neck that same lad cracked when he was a toddler by sitting on it.

Have to find a good guitar mender to fix neck now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

^^^^^ That’s you that is Pat. :p

Yesterday I figured out that I could fit 3 bikes and 2 passengers in the car (rather than fit the roof bar bike racks). Did some research, chose National Cycle Route 6 and drove 40 mins to the Aquadrome in Rickmansdwoth. Parked, put the bikes together and set off cross country to Watford. Kind of got lost in Watford, gave up and turned round to head back. It was fun; mainly canals & a disused railway.

Next time will tackle the Watford to St Albans section. And will also get a print copy of the book - would make it easier.
First time I’ve heard of this. Routes 6 and 41 look nearest to me.

First time I’ve heard of this. Routes 6 and 41 look nearest to me.

Me too. The 6 goes from London to Brum I think. But some if it's on-road (eg across Watford) and there seem to be zero cycle lanes there. The bits I'm interested in are the sections by canals and/or on disused railway lines.

Next time I'll try the Watford to St Albans section. 10 miles each way. About as far as my daughter would want to go - she's 13 and on a heavy mtb with knobblies.

Me too. The 6 goes from London to Brum I think. But some if it's on-road (eg across Watford) and there seem to be zero cycle lanes there. The bits I'm interested in are the sections by canals and/or on disused railway lines.

Next time I'll try the Watford to St Albans section. 10 miles each way. About as far as my daughter would want to go - she's 13 and on a heavy mtb with knobblies.

I know what you mean re a heavy mtb with knobbly tyres.
I got this for my 14 year old daughter which is as fast as fook.

Attachments

• 1661C0CC-96DD-4B28-A190-87847D78FA5D.jpeg
    1661C0CC-96DD-4B28-A190-87847D78FA5D.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 10
Emptied,fettled,organised and reloaded my van for my return to work tomorrow, fitted a thermostat to my car, this aft im relaxing hoping it will never end, i have had a nice time at home this last 70 days.

Nice. Which one is that? I've got a 2018 Hybrid 8.9. Love it.
It’s a Comp Hybrid.
I like them so much I built my wife one and I’m building myself a very trick version with a full Tiagra groupset, carbon bars etc and 32mm gravel tyres.

Attachments

• 549DC823-0427-4403-B1F1-4FE4EDF0D8E3.jpeg
    549DC823-0427-4403-B1F1-4FE4EDF0D8E3.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 2
It’s a Comp Hybrid.
I like them so much I built my wife one and I’m building myself a very trick version with a full Tiagra groupset, carbon bars etc and 32mm gravel tyres.
what's the all up weight of these bikes?

I was forced to wash the car, I haven't used it for 8 Days and Mercedes Me was indicating low Tyre Pressure, so I drove it out of the Garage.

Went into the House as I heard a noise at the Front Door, no one there so back outside, having been away for 50 Second or so, the local resident ALBATOSS had laid a PLATE sized Poo on the Bonnet! I've seen smaller Cowpats. 😡😡😡😡🤯😱😭

It’s a Comp Hybrid.

Nice. Yeah the frame & forks are a great starting point.

In terms of lightness and whippiness mine reminds me of my much-missed steel Diamondback. But the carbon forks are way better.

Nice. Yeah the frame & forks are a great starting point.

In terms of lightness and whippiness mine reminds me of my much-missed steel Diamondback. But the carbon forks are way better.
These are my roadies.
The Specialized will be my commuter to replace the other Specialized that got nicked in February.

Attachments

• 8FC51825-7DC6-4C7F-AC9A-875765DA55FD.jpeg
    8FC51825-7DC6-4C7F-AC9A-875765DA55FD.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 8
I was forced to wash the car, I haven't used it for 8 Days and Mercedes Me was indicating low Tyre Pressure, so I drove it out of the Garage.

Went into the House as I heard a noise at the Front Door, no one there so back outside, having been away for 50 Second or so, the local resident ALBATOSS had laid a PLATE sized Poo on the Bonnet! I've seen smaller Cowpats. 😡😡😡😡🤯😱😭
:ttiuwp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom