What's everyone listening to ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MMMMMM-mmmmmmm!

There was a bloke on here a while back that was wondering why The Eagles sounded so perfect live and concluded there must be some dubbing. The Eagles practice for long periods to sound pitch perfect live - they never takes risks but they sound perfect.

Stumbled on this today, I was hooked before the solo; it's not perfect but very close to the studio release - The older you get the more important The Beatles become really...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

See if you can pick it....

See if you can pick it....

Strangely enough I recently went to see "The Illegal Eagles " , and have seen "Talon" three times. On each occasion both myself and friends were impressed with the quality of these tribute bands , and at how close they sounded to the Eagles recordings. All the more impressive as of course that they are not the original artists , but obviously spend a huge amount of time rehearsing/touring.

Rolling Stones , Big Hits. Bought tickets yesterday to take my two sons and my son in law to see them at Cardiff in june. Could only get tickets "up in the gods" . The mrs thinks I am mad , but at 65 I am just a youngster compared to them , and whilst they are perhaps well past their sell by dates I could not pass up the chance to see them before they/I go up in smoke !

Been enjoying this too...

Managed to get myself a copy of Iron Maiden's Best of the B Sides. I've listened to this band for the last 25 years, bought all the albums prior and all of them going forward but hadn't heard some of the tracks on here.

R-4880525-1378328939-2017.jpeg.jpg

R-4880525-1378328939-2017.jpeg.jpg[\IMG]

MMMMMM-mmmmmmm!

There was a bloke on here a while back that was wondering why The Eagles sounded so perfect live and concluded there must be some dubbing. The Eagles practice for long periods to sound pitch perfect live - they never takes risks but they sound perfect.

I don't know what it is about The Eagles but I've never taken to them.

I'm not precious about being cool or whatever, I've plenty of guilty pleasures, but just find them a bit 'Dad rock'. Which is odd because I own and have enjoyed a couple of Joe Walsh albums, maybe it's just that The Eagles have been so overplayed?

Been listening to this that I bought this morning it sounds pretty good for something the size of a lunchbox!
12476827_800.jpg

Been listening to Half Light by Rostam.

I love it. I think it's described as Indy music...whatever that means.

Rostam is ex of Vampire Weekend. Anyway, his album is touching and joyous and seems to draw influences and styles from all over the place.

I also just bought Beethovens 6th pastoral symphony, which can really stir the emotions.

Oh and Metallicas Black Album with Enter Sandman. Awesome.

Chris

Can't remember if I posted this before, but even if I did, it's well worth revisiting. Stellar playing from the finest session payers in Nashville.

I mostly listen to vanilla smooth radio now.... Just chilled out funky music old and new, no adverts!

Just stumbled on this, quite an eye opener to hear Clapton play lead in a Stones set, better than the lads - you bet ya, and the body language would seem to confirm they think the same. What do you think...?

Close your eyes and you just know Keith ain't leading this.

And then... :):)

Last edited:

Just stumbled on this, quite an eye opener to hear Clapton play lead in a Stones set, better than the lads - you bet ya, and the body language would seem to confirm they think the same. What do you think...?

Close your eyes and you just know Keith ain't leading this.

And then... :):)

The word on the street amongst other guitarists via Quora and Reddit etc is that Eric Clapton is only a just above average musician.
I was rather surprised to hear this as I thought he is one of the greats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom