What's everyone listening to ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wishbone Ash. Blowin' Free, The King Will Come & Time Was.

Mike Oldfield. Tubular Bells.

Debussy. Reverie (for piano) Beautiful.

I hope that was in order, and not al at the same time.:D

I love the acoustic guitar intro on Time Was ...

If you listened to the music "Sailing By" without knowing its association with the shipping forecast it could only be related to the seas/waterways.
Fanastic depiction by music. :cool:

Dogger! German Bite! :D

// pedant mode on// it's Bight //pedant mode off

my dad used to know a chap who had sheets made out to record every detail of the forecast. have no idea why he lived miles from the sea....:crazy:

this page is good for weather geeks

Met Office: UK shipping forecast

be honest, without looking do you know the difference between veering and backing?

be honest, without looking do you know the difference between veering and backing?
One's clockwise and the other is counter-clockwise ... can't remember which was which though!

I do remember lighthouses/buoys were either 'flashing' or 'occulting'.

And I know the difference between 'under way' and 'making way' :)

I do remember lighthouses/buoys were either 'flashing' or 'occulting'.

My word. I had this very conversation today. Flashing means it is off and flashes on, and occulting is it is on, but goes off or so I was informed. Then it descended into asynchronicity or some such rubbish.

as it turns out, I walked off whilst the conversation was in progress. I tried to find some paint that was drying as I felt a burning need to help it along a bit.

That is the last time I ask if our runway guard lamps are on all the time, or just in hours of darkness and low visibility conditions. It was obviously too difficult a question.

Im listening to Bruce Dickinsons show on the the bbc iplayer

I'm listen to Elvis, now don't get me wrong I'm not a mad elvis fan but he's just on the radio - hound dog

"The comedy on Radio 4 IS top drawer - ISIHAC, Hut 33, Rudy's Rare Records and my favourite Count Arthur Strong."

Couldn't agree more with three of your choices, but Hut 33 goes straight past me and into a humourless pit of writing, casting and acting -- the hopeless Polish accent that couldn't be more Russian if she tried? And the premise of the whole thing deserves more respect, i.e. don't mess with the truly historic Bletchley Park story. Each to his own, of course.

So much of good TV comedy starts out on Radio 4.

Yes - Awaken.

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans.

Steve Winwood - Valerie.

Ramjam - Black Betty. (try driving slowly listening to that one).

Yes - Awaken.

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans.

Steve Winwood - Valerie.

Ramjam - Black Betty. (try driving slowly listening to that one).

Black Betty - what a song, hard to drive with your hands on the wheel when air drumming too.

I do love a one hit wonder, J Geils band Centrefold for example.
Although Freezeframe was also theirs it was hardly a hit

Just listening to Marillion - Market Square Hero .....

Great song :rock:

I'm at work :(

Patti Smith - Horses. Can't believe it's now 34 years old! Still a stunning album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom